Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ISO - fondue chocolate fountain recipes or how to use...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISO - fondue chocolate fountain recipes or how to use...

I just got a fondue chocolate fountain by Nostalgia Electric at Goodwill today (the kids begged...) and although it is in the original plastic & sealed, it didn't have a users manual.
    Does anyone know how much of the chocolate chips to put in or any suggestions?

...Okay, okay, the kids didn't have to beg too hard... I'm drooling over it too!

Thanks,
    Kathy
    “Millions of favors are dangling from Heaven on silken cords and prayer is the sword that cuts them."

Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

I found their customer service # on the web
    Customer Service

For returns, service information, understanding product operation & features and feedback.
    Our Customer Service section might have your answer.

tel: 805-487-7772
    fax: 805-487-9975
    http://www.nostalgiaelectrics.com/

Comment

Thanks!

I checked them out yesterday online and they had no user manual for that model to download, so I left them an email requesting info. but no reply yet. I think I'll give them a call. Thanks again!
      ~Kathy
      “Millions of favors are dangling from Heaven on silken cords and prayer is the sword that cuts them."

Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Comment

Chocolate Fondue Recipe

My favorite recipe for chocolate fondue is this:

In a small non-stick pot combine 4 squares of semi-sweet chocolate, one can of sweetened condensed milk and 1/2 jar of caramel ice cream topping. Stir constantly until melted then put in your fondue pot on low. Stir from time to time to keep from sticking.

Comment

Sorry, I thought I still had the directions for mine (after I tossed it) The fountain is terrible to clean, very messy to use and an over all pain in the a --. I have since switched to a fondue pot- easier cleaning, easy use.
          As for the recipe for chocolate.... It must be at the correct consistency to flow down the fountain. Chocolate chips with some corn oil seemed to work the best, but I no longer recall the ratio (You have to melt them before you place in the fountain) Experiment with 2 cups chips 1 T oil and see if you think it will drip.
          Sorry, wish I could be more of a help

Comment

It is 2 12 oz bags of chocolate chips, and 1/3 cup of oil. You might have to work with it to get it to work right with your fountain. You might also want to use the candy melts as they are already tempered.
            www.freewebs.com/auntanniescakes

I am one of 57 million (who did not vote for BO)

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks for the ideas & recipes! Hoping to try it tomorrow if the strawberries look good when we go shopping. Sounds like a delicious dessert for chocolate loving ME!

Happy memorial Day!
              Hsmom

Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Comment

Ohhh, by the way, do not, and I mean DO NOT use outside. As this is on the instruction booklet, as well, as found out, lent my fountain to a friend for a party, and she used it outisde on a windy cold day, and the chocolate stopped flowing. Of course, she gave me a hard time about it, I told her the instructions said to not use outside.
                www.freewebs.com/auntanniescakes

I am one of 57 million (who did not vote for BO)

Comment

Re: ISO - fondue chocolate fountain recipes or how to use...

Gee, I was going to purchase a chocolate fountain this week for bridal shower. Now I'm having second thoughts if it is a pain to clean. Anyone have a trick for simple clean up? Can some parts go in a dishwasher?

Comment

Working...
                  X