ASAP Baked balogna recipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASAP Baked balogna recipe?

I can't find the recipe for baked balogna that I saw here. If I recall, it had mustard/brown sugar??? to pour over top? I would like to make it for dinner tonite. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Think it came from the food network. If I remember it was Emeril doing it. He had a huge one that wouldn't even fit in the oven. So go to foodnetwork and search there.

Huffle
    God grant me the serenity to accept the yarn I cannot return... courage to change the yarn I can... and the reciept to know the difference.

Comment

Here looks like the one your talking about. They spell it Bologna.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_25852,00.html

Huffle
      God grant me the serenity to accept the yarn I cannot return... courage to change the yarn I can... and the reciept to know the difference.

Comment

Hi..this is the one that was posted on this site...made it..really good..makes alot. Very good..not sure who to give credit to..but thank you..love all recipes

Bologna Bake

I get a big 5lb log of bologna when their on sale, usually cut it in half since there's just the two of us, the whole thing if the whole famn damily's home. put in an oven safe pan, put about an inch of water in it, make a paste of brown sugar and yellow mustard, smear a bit on there, cook 325 for 3-4 hrs, the last hour and a half, will put more of the brown sugar/yellow mustard mixture on it about every 30 minutes or so. cook covered, and uncover the last 30 min to let caramelize good!
        great for leftover sandwiches also.

Comment

We make this fairly often. Now that there's just the two of us, I'll buy the bologna, cut in half and freeze it in seperate baggies. Everyone who's tried it can't believe it's cheap ole bologna.

Comment

Thanks everyone,,,,,that is it. I realized that I did not have enough time to make it today as I saw how long it takes to bake,,,but it will be on the menu this wknd!
            A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

OK... I love fried bologna... but how do you prepare baked bologna, I.E. sauces, etc? Also, do you just go to the deli and have them slice off a few inches from the log? I'm anxious to try this treat

Comment

BJ, in most lunch meat sections they will have a 4 or 5 lb log of bologna, buy the whole damned thing! lol. if feeding a few, cut it in half, freeze other half or slice for sandwiches. put your bologna in a dutch oven, or whatever you want to cook it in that you can cover it. Put in an inch or so of water. Make a paste of brown sugar and regular yellow mustard, smear some over bologna, bake covered 325-350 3-4 hrs, can bake longer, last hour to hr and a half bast every 30 min with more mustard/brown sugar mixture. I uncover the last 30 minutes to let it caramelize more. Everyone loves it.

Mudder....did you make it? did you like it???

Comment

Lucky you. The time I made it, dd proclaimed it Fried Uterus and whatevr i did not eat, was thrown away.
                  I don't want buns of steel. I want buns of cinnamon !!!

Comment

Does anyone have a picture of this?
                    "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

Oops...lol. I went to the food network website and there was a picture.
                      "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

Those Pics Look Pretty Close To Mine. I Don't Score Mine Like The One Is, And The Other One Has A "dryer" Ring Around The Outside Than Mine. But They're Close. I've Never Used Dijon Mustard Before. May Have To Try That On An End And See How I Like It.

Comment

Thanks, NU, I'm gonna have to try this.

Comment

Working...
                          X