X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dubstogsdill
    • Jun 2006

Jam Recipes

I've always made freezer jams, and this year I think I'd like to try some cooked jams. I'm really interested in recipes that include liqueurs. My mom bought some raspberry jam with coffee liqueur in it at a craft show. That was excellent! I think they were also selling some strawberry jam with orange liqueur.
    Any recipes or ideas on how to add liqueur without messing up the recipe?
    Thanks!
  • Rubelishous
    Master Chef
    • Jun 2006

Peach Melba Jam

2 cups fresh ripe peach, chopped
    10 tablespoons sugar
    1/2 pint fresh raspberries
    1/4 cup Chambord raspberry liquor (raspberry liqueur)

Combine peaches and sugar in a saucepan.

Cover and let stand at least an hour to macerate (release juices), tossing once or twice.

Cook over low heat until sugar dissolves and mixture darkens and turns clear, 25 to 30 minutes stirring as needed to keep from sticking (make sure you don't let it burn!) Add raspberries, continue cooking over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thick, about 10 minutes.

Stir in Chambord and remove from heat.

Immediately pour into 2 hot sterilized 1 pint canning jars.

Once jars are sealed, let them cool completely upside down on top of a clean kitchen towel, and store in the fridge (use up by 2 weeks) or in the freezer.

Nectarine Jam with Moscato Wine

2 1/4 pounds (1 k) nectarines
    1 3/5 cups (400 ml) Asti or similar sparkling Moscato
    Sugar
    A kitchen scale
    A packet of pectin

Set the wine in a pot, and boil it for about 10 minutes, or until its volume is reduced by half. In the meantime, wash the fruit and slice it, discarding the pits. Add the sliced fruit and cook another 20 minutes, stirring every now and again.

Weigh a bowl, fill it with the fruit mixture, and weigh it again to determine how much the fruit mixture weighs. Return the fruit mixture to the pot and add to it its weight in sugar. Add the pectin too, and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes.

In the meantime, heat your oven to 240 F (120 C) and heat the jars and their lids for 10 minutes.

When the nectarines are ready, fill the hot jars, screw the lids on, upend them, and let them cool.

Comment

• Ritter_woman
      • Jun 2006

Here is a recipe for PA Dutch Strawberry Jam (no liquer in it tho)

2 cups sugar
      2 cups strawberries

Rinse and hull the strawberries, then measure. Place a layer of strawberries in a kettle, then a layer of sugar, until all ingredients are used. Let stand overnight, or until the sugar is dissolved. Place over heat, bring to a boil and cook about 10 minutes. Pour into a bowl and let stand until the next day, then fill jelly jars and seal.
      www.freewebs.com/auntanniescakes

I am one of 57 million (who did not vote for BO)

Comment

Working...
      X