Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISO: Cornbread Salad

Hi...
    I'm looking for a good & easy cornbread salad, I did a search on here, but it listed a bunch of salads & dressing...but no cornbread salad. I have never tasted it, but I had a request to fix it for a cookout, is it good......???

Thanks,
    Sugarcookie

Cornbread Salad

1 (16 ounce) package corn bread mix
    10 slices bacon
    1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
    1 1/2 cups sour cream
    1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
    2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained
    3 tomatoes, chopped
    1 cup chopped green bell pepper
    1 cup chopped green onion
    2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
    2 (11 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained

Prepare corn bread according to package directions. Cool, crumble, and set aside.
    Place bacon in a large deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
    Whisk together the dressing mix, sour cream, and mayonnaise.
    Crumble half the corn bread in the bottom of a large serving dish. Top with half the beans. Layer the beans with half of the tomatoes, green bell pepper, and green onions. Sprinkle with half the cheese, corn, bacon, and the salad dressing mixture. Repeat the layers. Cover, and chill at least 2 hours before serving.

Comment

Here's 2 to try. I'll be making it this weekend. It sounds weird, but you have to try it, it's delicious!

Posted by Bean~
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the BEST cornbread salad I have made! You won’t be disappointed! I used dark red kidney beans in place of the pinto and added chopped jalapenos to the cornbread.

Layered Cornbread Salad

I have found the longer cornbread salad sits the better it is. I would make this the day before serving it.

Layered Cornbread Salad

1 pkg. (6 1/2 oz) cornbread and muffin mix
      1 c. mayo
      8 oz. sour cream
      1 pkg. (0.4oz) dry ranch salad dressing mix
      3 large tomatoes chopped
      1/2 c. chopped green bell pepper
      1/2 c. chopped green onion
      1 can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
      1 can (15 1/4 oz) whole kernel corn, drained
      2 c. shredded cheddar cheese

Prepare cornbread and let cool. For dressing stir together mayo, sour cream and dressing mix; set aside.
      In a different bowl combine tomatoes, bell pepper and onion. Measure 1/2 the tomato mixture and set aside.
      Crumble cornbread into 1-inch pieces and arrange half over bottom of extra large serving bowl. Layer with half the pinto beans, half the corn, 3/4 c. shredded cheese and half the remaining tomato mixture. Repeat layers ending with the dressing. Sprinkle the reserved 1/2 c. tomato mixture and remaining 1/2 c. cheese. Cover and chill 2 to 24 hours.

Source – Linda Coin

My Pic -

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b202/sltrax/Laycrnsalad.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Posted by Moo~

I had to c&p this from archives, Bean! Try this one, just a little different and I suppose you could add those jalapenos! LOL
      moo
      Posted May 18, 2005 08:41 PM

I served this for Mamamoo's 80th birthday celebration. I made in on Friday morning to serve Friday evening, and it was even better on Saturday night! It must be prepared in advance to allow all the flavors to marry!

Cornbread Salad

2 pkg. Jiffy cornbread mix (cooked to pkg. directions)
      1 can Rotel tomatoes and green chilies, drained well
      1 pint real mayonnaise
      1 cup chopped bell pepper
      1 cup diced green onion (I'd use vidalia's while in season...or a red onion, also!)
      1/2 cup diced celery
      1 head lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces

Mix the chopped veggies with the Rotel and mayo. Crumble the cornbread pour over the lettuce (you may not want to use the entire 2 boxes of cornbread) Pour the dressing and veggie mixture over and toss lightly, adding the rest of the cornbread as needed. Cover and refrigerate for 6-8 hours or overnight.

I served it with a bowl of diced Roma tomatoes to sprinkle over top. In the summer, you can use those garden tomatoes. I wouldn't add to the salad unless you knew it was all going to be eaten, as I think it would make it too soggy...JMHO!

Comment

The cornbread salad I am most familiar with is close to the one posted by Moo. It is delish . Thanks for making this request ... hadn't thought about trying to make it, but we sure do enjoy the one on Sundays at the restaurant we eat at after church.

Comment

Thank's to verybody with the recipes

Just wanted to thank all of you for the cornbread salad recipes, they all sound SO....GOOD, can't wait to try.

Thanks Again,
          Sugarcookie

Comment

Working...
          X