Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISO: Marinade & A Side Dish....

HI :-)

I'm looking for a good & easy marinade to make steak kabogs (sp). I would like to have a marinade without the smoke flavor taste, my mother get's sick everytime she eat something smoke flavor. I think I'll be using squash, red bell peppers, purple onions & mushrooms, any suggestion? Also any ideal for a side dish, we will be camping but in a camper with a very small kitchen. (Sorry for the spelling)

Thanks,
    Sugarcookie
    Last edited by sugarcookie41653; 05-23-2008, 07:20 PM.

do you have an oven if so I make this often with Kabobs

baked rice with pine nuts

2 1/2 T. Butter
    2 T. minced onions
    1 clove pressed or minced
    1 c. uncooked rice
    1 1/2 c. chicken broth
    2 sprigs parsley
    1 sprig fresh thyme or 1/4 t.
    1/2 bay leaf
    1/8 t. cayenne pepper or tabasco sauce to taste
    1/4 c. toasted pine nuts (I always use 1/2 c.)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees
    Melt 1 T. butter in oven proof container, and cook the onion and garlic, stirring until onion is translucent. Add the rice and stir until all grains are coated with butter.
    Stir in the chicken broth. Add the parsley, bay leaf, thyme and cayenne. Cover with a tight lid.
    Place in preheated oven and cook 17 minutes. Remove from oven, remove spices sprigs and bay leaf. Stir in remaining butter and pine nuts. Keep warm and serve.

Serves 4

takes longer to cook at high altitudes
    reheats well

Comment

Mix 1/4 C. Olive Oil, 3/4 tsp. salt, fresh pepper and 4 finely minced garlic cloves. The longer you marinate the more tender the meat gets. The veggies will get moist from the marinade when you put it on the skewers. This is good for chicken, too.

I also use pineapple chunks with beef; this helps to keep the meat tender when grilling.

Enjoy your trip!

Comment

Working...
      X