Help Bean and all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Bean and all

My son is looking for a recipe to put up jalapeņos from his garden. I have a recipe but just know y'alls would be better.

TIA
    Donna

Here's one I posted in T&T back in December. They were really good.

I GOT THIS FROM "THE TEXAS COWBOY KITCHEN" COOKBOOK I PICKED UP AT SAM'S LAST WEEK. ALOT OF GOOD RECIPES

BREAD-AND-BUTTER JALAPENOS

3/4 LB FRESH JALAPENOS, ABOUT 20-30
    1 CARROT, PEELED AND COARSELY CHOPPED
    1 RED ONION, THINLY SLICED
    20 GLOVES GARLIC, PEELED
    1 TSP DRIED THYME LEAVES OR 3 (3-INCH) SPRIGS FRESH THYME, CHOPPED
    4 CUPS APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
    4 CUPS LIGHT BROWN SUGAR
    1/4 CUP EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
    1 TBSP KOSHER SALT

SELECT A LARGE GLAS JAR ABOUT 3 QUARTS TO 1 GALLON IN SIZE. WASH IT WELL AND RINSE WITH BOILING WATER TO STERILIZE. POUR THE WATER OUT. SET THE JAR ASIDE.
    WASH THE PEPPER AND MAKE SURE THEY ARE CLEAN, ESPECIALLY AT THE STEM END. DRY THOUROUGHLY. PACK THE PEPPERS, CARROTS, ONION, GARLIC AND THYME INTO THE JAR, MIXING OR SHAKING TO DISTRIBUTE THE VEGETABLES EVENLY.
    HEAT THE VINEGAR IN A LARGE NONREACTIVE SAUCEPAN TO JUST BOILING. REMOVE FROM HEAT AND STIR IN THE BROWN SUGAR AND OLIVE OIL. STIR WELL UNTIL THE SUGAR HAS DISSOLVED. RETURN MIXTURE TO HEAT IF NECESSARY TO HELP DISSOLVE THE SUGAR. POUR THE HOT LIQUID OVER THE PEPPERS AND STIR AGAIN. PLACE A SMALL PLATE OVER PEPPERS IF NECESSARY, TO KEEP THEM SUBMERGED. SET THE PEPPERS ASIDE TO COOL. WHEN COOL, COVER TIGHTLY AND PLACE THE JAR IN THE REFRIGERATOR FOR AT LEAST ONE DAY BEFORE SERVING.

MY PIC: http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x108/grizjack/BREADANDBUTTERJALAPENOS.jpg

THE RECIPE DOESN'T MENTION WHAT TO DO WITH THE KOSHER SALT, SO I DISOLVED IT IN THE VINEGAR WITH THE BROWN SUGAR. I TOOK THE TOPS OFF MY JALAPENOS AND QUARTERED THEM INTO WEDGES, SO THEY'D FIT BETTER ON A SANDWICH.
    EDITED TO ADD: IT SAYS THEY KEEP FOR A MONTH, IN THE FRIDGE. USE THEM ON BURGERS, GRILLED CHICKEN SANDWICHES, WITH PORK ROAST, OR IN PULLED BRISKET TACOS.

Comment

Thanks Nu, I sent this link on to jim. I will make some too. Sure do look pretty and good.

Comment

Do a jalapeno search here, I have a ton posted.

Comment

Thanks Bean, I knew this was the place to get the recipes. thanks Nu too.

Comment

Here's some recipes from the jalapeno cafe on preserving jalapenos.

http://jalapenocafe.com/recipes/preserve/preserving.html

Comment

Working...
            X