apple dumplings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• apple dumplings

i am looking for the apple dumpling recipe i got on here a few years ago.. it used apple slices with crescent rolls with a glaze made from sprite or something like that .. Thanks for any help.. Angie

Posted by gizzey~

Easy Apple Dumplings

2 tart apples, cored and peeled and cut into 8 wedges
    2 tubes (8 oz. each) of refrigerated crescent rolls
    1 cup sugar
    1/3 cup margarine or butter, melted
    3/4 cup 7 up or Sprite. (the cherry 7 up is awesome)
    Cinnamon

Unroll 1 roll of crescent rolls and seperate into the 8 triangles.
    Wrap a crescent triangle around each apple wedge. Place in a
    greased 9x13 pan. Repeat with other tube of crescent rolls.

In a bowl, combine sugar and butter. Sprinkle over dumplings. Slowly pour the soda around the dumplings, but do not stir. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake uncovered 350 for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.

Comment

YUMMM!! Sounds awesome!!
      Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Re: apple dumplings

My grandmother, who is deceased since 1969........her family owned a bakery in Carlisle PA.

She made the BEST apple dumplings in the world. I was only 13 when she passed on, so I had "other things" going on and cooking was not one of them. Wish I would have got the recipe. They were the best. She would make a big batch and give half to my Aunt, her oldest, and half to us, my mother, her youngest. We would have them for DINNER!!!!!!! Heat them up and pour milk over them.........YUM.......Great fall/winter meal.

Going to give this a try!!!!! Crescent rolls........I can handle......no more mixing/rolling dough. Quick and easy is better. Thanks for sharing!!!!! And HER dough tasted like crescent dough!!!!!!

I also do chicken salad that I add shredded cheese to and spoon onto a "crescent square".........pinch 2 triangles together to make a square. Spoon chicken or tuna mixture into center and fold up corners. Brush w/ melted butter and top w/ Progresso breadcrumbs.......and bake 350 for about 30 or so min. Quick easy dinner w/ a tossed salad.

Comment

This one is slightly different from Luv2Bakes. It's so rich and delicious!

2 tubes crescent rolls
          2 grannysmith apples, peeled cored and each cut into 8 wedges
          2 cups sugar
          2 sticks butter
          1 cup Mountain Dew
          cinnamon
          nuts, if desired

Wrap each apple wedge in a crescent roll completely, making sure the entire wedge is covered. Place in a baking pan. Melt butter. Stir the sugar into the butter. Spoon the sugar/butter mixture over the rolls. Pour the Mountain Dew over all. Sprinkle with cinnamon and nuts, if desired. Bake uncovered at 350 for 40 minutes until brown.

Comment

Has anyone ever seen a Apple Dumpling recipe that used Crescent Rolls and had Orange Juice in the sauce? I have an aunt who used to make it this way but she can't find the recipe!! ----Thanks Mary

Comment

Hi and welcome.

Crystal_Ann Posted January 21, 2006 12:03 PM
              Apple Dumplings

4 small granny smith apples, peeled, cored, and cut into fourths
              1 (8 count) package crescent roll dough
              1 cup orange juice
              2/3 cup sugar
              1/2 cup butter
              Cinnamon-Sugar Mixture (mixture)

Wrap 2 pieces of the cut apple in a crescent roll. Continue wrapping in rolls until all apple pieces are wrapped. Place in a greased 9x13x2-inch baking dish. Combine orange juice, sugar, and butter in a saucepan and bring to a rolling boil. Pour this mixture over the crescent rolls and sprinkle them with the mixture of cinnamon and sugar. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until done. Makes 8 servings.

Recipe Source: Recipezaar

Comment

Has anyone ever tried peaches with this?

Comment

Gizzey, let me know when you try it!
                  I am a big peach fan!!!
                  Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

[QUOTE=TexAnn;360866]Gizzey, let me know when you try it!
                    I am a big peach fan!!! [/QUOTE]

A friend called and asked for the recipe with peaches and sprite and she thought crescent rolls. This is the only one I could think of but had apples, so did not know if anyone had substituted them. I probably will try and some point and let you know.

Comment

Working...
                    X