ISO Cookie recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISO Cookie recipe

I have no idea what these are called. It is a ball, the inside is like a brownie or chocolate cake. The outside is rolled in coconut. Anyone know what these are called or have a recipe? thanks

Re: ISO Cookie recipe

I think they may be called cake balls, but I'm not sure

Comment

CAKE BALLS

• 1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix (I used Duncan Hines)
      • 1 (16 ounce) container prepared chocolate frosting ( I used Duncan Hines..not whipped)
      • 1 (16 ounce) bar chocolate flavored confectioners coating or almond bark (many people said more than 16oz is needed)

1. Prepare the cake mix according to package directions using any of the recommended pan sizes. When cake is done, crumble while warm into a large bowl (into tiny crumbs) and stir in the frosting until well blended.
      2. Melt chocolate coating in a glass bowl in the microwave, or in a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water,(or a double boiler) stirring occasionally until smooth.
      3. Use a melon ball or small scoop to form balls of the chocolate cake mixture. Place on a cookie sheet in the freezer for several minutes to make dipping easier. Dip the balls in chocolate using a toothpick or fork to hold them. Place on waxed paper to set.

NOTE: This recipe is very versatile and heavily addictive. You can mix and match cake and icing flavors as well as the chocolate coatings. If you want to go the extra mile, cake balls can be rolled in nuts, sprinkles, coconut, etc. or double dipped in white and dark chocolates. Chocolate confectioners' coating is also called Almond Bark in some stores. If the balls are not frozen/cold, your finished product will not have a smooth coating. It will be lumpy and full of crumbs. These are easy enough that someone who doesn't cook can make them without difficulty. Many people commented that they taste like donut holes, only better.

Variations/flavors:

• White cake mix and mint chocolate chip icing - Dipped in chocolate confectioners coating.
      • French vanilla cake with white chocolate almond icing. – Dipped in chocolate confectioners coating.
      • Red velvet with cream cheese icing and vanilla confectioners coating.
      • Red velvet with cream cheese icing dipped into milk chocolate coating.
      • Chocolate cake, milk chocolate icing, dipped into chocolate bark.
      • Lemon cake with lemon frosting and dip them in whit chocolate.
      • Lemon cake mixed in white chocolate chips and lemon frosting, dipped in white chocolate.
      • Spice cake with cream cheese frosting and coated them with white chocolate coating.
      • Cherry chip cake mix and cream cheese frosting dipped in white chocolate.
      • Fudge cake, mixed in peppermint chips and fudge frosting. Dip in dark chocolate.
      • Chocolate fudge cake mix and coconut pecan frosting dipped into chocolate.
      • Chocolate cake, butter cream icing, and dark chocolate coating.
      • Chocolate cake/chocolate icing and dipped into raspberry/chocolate chips are melted with a bit of oil.
      • German chocolate cake mix with coconut pecan frosting & dipped in melted semi sweet chocolate chips.
      • Strawberry with vanilla frosting, dipped in chocolate.
      • Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting, dipped in white almond bark.
      • Chocolate cake, chocolate icing and Andes candy bits. If you like Girl Scout Thin Mints you will love these.
      The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Comment

Thank you for the cake balls recipe They look really yummy. The cookie I am looking for though were not dipped in any kind of chocolate.

Comment

Hi sunny!
          I was looking through my cookie cookbooks over the weekend to try and help you. I couldn't find anything close. Well I take that back..I did see some tassies that may be close,but they weren't cake or brownie like in the middle.
          Was the cookie ball hard or soft? Where did you try it at?
          I wonder if its some kind of no bake type thing.

Comment

I've been looking high and low for this. Most of the ones I found was for cake mix and canned frosting...which makes it too soft (and rich) to just roll in coconut. Dipping in chocolate is what held those together.
            Now, I did find a brownie truffle. Take baked brownies, cut in small squares, roll squares into a ball, then cover in powdered chocolate. Coconut would need something to make it stick.
            I hope someone can figure this out. they do sound good.

Comment

Thank you guys for looking! I really appreciate it! I wish I at least knew what they are called since that would make googling for a recipe so much easier! Gosh, even if I would've taken a picture of one, it would've helped.

They were definitely baked. The inside was kind of soft like a brownie. The coconut was a little crisp on the outside from baking. Hmm, truffles are an interesting idea.

I had these at some cousins' anniversary party. I think some distant cousins made the cookies. I will have to ask around to see if anyone knows what they are called or has a recipe for them. If I find a recipe I will make sure to post it for you guys to try

Comment

You know, it may just be a dry cookie dough (one that doesn't spread), rolled in coconut and baked.

Comment

found this on the land of lakes site

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NO-BAKE CHOCOLATE COOKIES

These easy to make chocolate cookies require no baking but deliver great taste.

Preparation time: 30 min
                  Yield: 2 dozen cookies

1 cup quick-cooking oats
                  1 cup peanuts, coarsely chopped
                  1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
                  3/4 cup sugar
                  1/4 cup milk
                  1/4 cup LAND O LAKES® Butter
                  1 (1 1/4-ounce) packet LAND O LAKES® Cocoa Classics® Chocolate & Caramel Premium Hot Cocoa Mix

Combine oats, peanuts and coconut in large bowl; set aside.

Combine sugar, milk, butter and cocoa mix in 3-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a full boil (3 to 4 minutes). Remove from heat. Stir in oats mixture.

Quickly drop mixture by rounded teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper. While cookies are warm, roll in additional coconut, if desired. Cool completely. Cover; store refrigerated.

Nutrition Facts (1 cookie): Calories: 100, Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 5mg, Sodium: 25mg, Carbohydrates: 11g, Dietary Fiber: <1g, Protein: 2g

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0625C © 1995 Land O'Lakes, Inc.

Comment

flpridagirly68 ?

Your cake balls sound yummy. I want to make them for a family vacation trip with all the kids...big and small..they will love them. Can I make them in advance and freeze them About how many does this recipe make...thanks so much..Love All Recipes

Comment

Working...
                    X