Oops. A second request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oops. A second request

We are also having a birthday barbeque on Sunday. Lookong for a recommendation for skirt steak or would tri tip be better? Any recipes for strawberry ice cream using a cuisinart ice cream maker??

Thanks again,
    Pam

Re: Oops. A second request

I use this one all the time! Sometimes it gets really hard when frozen so I'll pop the container in the microwave for about 15-20 seconds to make it easier to scoop. It's delicious!

Basic Vanilla Ice-Cream (with fruit in it)

2 eggs
    2/3 cup sugar
    1-3/4 cups milk
    2 cups heavy cream
    2 tsps. Vanilla

Beat eggs and sugar with an electric mixer until thick and cream colored. Add milk, cream, and vanilla. Mix well. The one may be refrigerated or used immediately. Makes 1 quart.

Variations: I like to purchase a frozen 16-oz tub of sliced strawberries in sugar (or syrup) and while itís still frozen, I take a butter knife and cup it in half. Put half in a blender and the other half keep in the container and put back into the freezer. The half that you put inside the blender, add a little bit of the above blended ice-cream ingredients and blend to mush. Then add the strawberry mixture to the ice-cream mixture and blend. Then pour into your frozen ice-cream container and freeze. You can use whatever frozen fruit you would like. Iíve also made peach and blue berry ice-cream too.

Note: The directions say that the ice-cream will be ready in about 20 minutes. I leave mine (churning every so often) in the maker for about an hour or longer and then transfer to a Tupperware container to freeze.

Comment

Working...
    X