Chilled Fruit Soups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chilled Fruit Soups

We recently went on a cruise and on the dining room menu every night there was a chilled fruit soup. Different kinds of fruits. One that stands out in my memory was a Pina Colada Soup. I could have had a gallon of it, it was sooo good. Does anybody have any fruit soup recipes? Or a particular recipe site to go to?

Re: Chilled Fruit Soups

Jenny I love Hungarian Fruit Soup which is mostly flavoured by cherries. I wish I had a recipe for it. However, here's a link to Recipe Goldmine and they always have fabulous recipes

http://www.recipegoldmine.com/soupfruit/soupfruit.html

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

I haven't made this in many years, but it's very good.

Cold Cherry Soup

2 pounds sour cherries, pitted (about 4 cups pitted)
        1 cup sugar
        1 cinnamon stick
        3 cups plus 6 Tablespoons water (divided)
        2 Tablespoons flour
        1 cup whipping cream
        1 cup red wine
        3/4 cup sour cream or halved, pitted sweet cherries for garnish (optional)

In 2-quart saucepan over low heat, combine cherries, sugar and cinnamon stick in 3 cups of the water. Simmer until cherries are tender, about 5 minutes. Remove cinnamon stick.

In small bowl, blend flour with 3 Tablespoons of the remaining cold water until smooth. Stir in remaining 3 Tablespoons water. Stir into hot soup. Bring to boil, stirring, over medium heat. Remove from heat, transfer to bowl, cover and chill in refrigerator several hours or overnight.

Before serving, stir in wine and cream. If desired, serve with dollop of sour cream and/or several halved sweet cherries as garnish. Makes 8 to 10 servings, about 3/4 cup each.

Soup keeps well for several days in refrigerator.

Comment

Working...
        X