Pulled Sandwich Question... ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulled Sandwich Question... ??

Instead of pulled pork, I'd like to know how to make pulled chicken breast sandwiches. I did it once but it was so dry, even tho I slow cooked it for hours in bbq sauce. I want to do boneless skinless for a more healthier sandwich. Any tricks out there? I know the reason pork is never dry is becuz it's more fatty...

Re: Pulled Sandwich Question... ??

When it has finished cooking add more bbq sauce. I always doctor it up with a combo of hot sauce, liquid smoke and sweet baby rays bbq sauce.

Comment

I'm not sure you'll ever get it as moist as pork unless you use thigh meat. You need a certain amount of fat to get the moistness. But, I usually use a combo of thighs and breast and cook in crockpot with bbq sauce and chicken broth. Add more broth if needed for moistness. You could try chicken broth with just breasts and see if that works.....

Comment

Oh Mom... I never thought of chicken broth.. That might help. Thanks. I want to stay away from thigh meat, due to it's fattyness.

Comment

I use chicken broth in just about everything!!!!!!

Comment

jana

I think the idea of cooking chicken breast for HOURS is what dries out the meat. Chicken breast should only be cooked until barely done and then mixed with bbq sauce for a pulled chicken kind of sandwich. HOURS of cooking only dries out chicken and doesn't make it more moist.

I would cook the chicken in the oven for 45 minutes, cool, and pull off the bones and then combine with bbq sauce. You could probably serve on low, warm heat in the crockpot to serve with the sauce.

Chicken is not like pork or beef and is much more time sensitive. More is NOT better here.

The other part would be to really combine thighs and breasts for a more moist mixture. The slightly higher fat in thigh will mix with the dry breast.

good luck

Comment

Working...
            X