Cheese Cake Springboard Pan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheese Cake Springboard Pan

Hi... may be a double post... what are the advantages of using a springboard pan for cheesecake?

NEWBIE HERE>..TY

Re: Cheese Cake Springboard Pan

this is what I found.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cheesecake-Do I have to use a springform pan?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I make homemade cheesecakes all the time, and you do NOT have to use a springform pan. They are pretty inexpensive, as you can buy a 3 pack at your local Walmart for about $8-$10 of you can find them pretty inexpensive on Ebay.

You can use a pie pan, a cake pan, a 13 x 9 pan, etc. It isn't limited to a springform pan, although those are the best types of pans to use as when you make a cheesecake there is usually a lot of batter, and the springform pans are taller than standard pans so that the batter fits in the pan.

If you use another type of pan for your cheesecake, you may need to split it between 2 pans if you choose not to use a 13 x 9 baking dish. A standard cheesecake recipe should fit nicely into a 13 x 9, but if you have any overflow you could make little cheesecake muffins out of them or mini cheesecakes in mini cake pans.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    line your pan with baking paper long enough to flop over the edge, after it cooks and cools, this will help you pull it out so you dont have to but the springform pan
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You can use just an ordinary pie pan. I have never had a spring-form pan, and my cheese cakes are always wonderful. You can make your own crust at home with crushed graham crackers and a little melted butter, or you can buy the ready made crusts, they work just as well. Make sure you place a cookie sheet under your cake when you bake it just in case it bubbles over, it saves on a major mess in our oven!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    i use a pie pan and it works good for me
    You can try to use a normal round pan but the benefit of the springform panis that you can extract the cheesecake from the pan without damaging the sides. You can try a round pan and cut the sides to loosen it but in the end I don't think the cake will look quite as good. You might look into using some form of liner while baking the cake so you can get it out of the pan easier. I say give it a try, good luck!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

No you don't need a springform pan. You can use a pie plate and a graham cracker crust instead,. You can use the store bought kind or press a crushed graham cracker mixture with butter into a pie pan, then fill with your cream cheese mixture and bake. It's just as good.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    you can use pretty much any pan. try a muffin pan for a twist and use vanilla wafers for a crust. just use a little simple syrup to moisten the cookie first. but say you use a cake pan, which i usually use, just take it out of the water bath after cooking, let it cool, then put it in the fridge pan and all over night. it will slide right out the next day. if it doesn't then just dip the bottom in hot water for a few seconds.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You can make a cheesecake in any kind of pan you want. I use a 9X13 baking dish. It is the presentation that makes the difference in the type of pan you use. If preparing it for a party I would use the spring form pan but for the family, It is going to taste the same no matter what type of pan you use.
    For some parties I use the larger dish and just cut it or let them spoon it out of the baking dish. We never have leftovers so do what you want.
    -

Its so much easier to get out without one, otherwise the base just breaks up. Save up- better to do it right than make a mess

No, you don't need to use a springform pan to make a cheesecake. I would recomment that you line your pan with parchment paper to allow the finished cheesecake to come out easier though.

Comment

Although you don't need a springform pan it makes presentation much easier.

Comment

I have a glass bottomed springform pan. I've had it forever so do not remember where I purchased same. I don't mind leaving the cake right on the bottom of that one.

Otherwise, I rarely use a conventional springform (although I have many). Nick Malagieri (cookbook author and pastry chef/instructor who used to be a frequent guest on Sara Moulton's "Cooking Live" way back when) said he usually just lines a 3" deep layer pan with parchment, runs a knife around the edge of the pan immediately when it comes out of the oven, and when cool, he simply turns it out as any cake layer. I was skeptical, but son of a gun it worked. That way I never have to try to leak proof a springform with wrap of foil when I'm using a water bath.

Comment

Can you bake more than one cheesecake at a time? I am preparing 6-8 for a Rehearsal Dinner as my wedding gift to the bride and groom. Also, can you freeze cheesecake?

Comment

Yes, you can freeze cheese cake. I always put a cup of water in a bake proof dish when baking cheesecake.

Comment

Working...
            X