Tapenade recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tapenade recipes

Can you share recipes for your favorites? I bought a jar today of Artichoke/Roasted Red Pepper to give it a try and it was awesome..but it was $5.00 for a 10 oz. jar! It cant be that hard to make! So I would love a recipe for that one, but would like to try some others also. TIA

Me too! I love olive tapenades.

Comment

Here is a link from FoodTV:

http://web.foodnetwork.com/food/web/searchResults?searchString=tapenade&site=FOOD&searchType=Recipe

Comment

Olive Tampanade recipe

The olive salad recipe is the Number One single most-requested recipe on The Gumbo Pages.

While Central Grocery do not give out their muffuletta olive salad recipe, lots of folks have tried to duplicate it, with varying degrees of success. I've been saying for years now that I'm going to get a jar of olive salad from Central and reverse-engineer it, but until then, this will do quite nicely.

New Orleanian cook and cookbook author Chiqui Collier was kind enough to share this recipe with me for this site, and says, "It is my pleasure to send you the recipe for the original muffletta sandwich that was created by the grandfather of a lady i worked with 28 years ago." (Presumably that was Signor Salvadore.)

"The recipe for the olive salad is the exact way it was given to me. It makes over a gallon, but since your comments indicate that you love it, i'm sure you won't want to cut it down. It stores very well in the refrigerator for many months and makes great gifts along with the recipe for the sandwich. It does appear in my cookbook, "Cookery N'Orleans Style"

For the olive salad:
        1 gallon large pimento stuffed green olives, slightly crushed and well drained
        1 quart jar pickled cauliflower, drained and sliced
        2 small jars capers, drained
        1 whole stalk celery, sliced diagonally
        4 large carrots, peeled and thinly sliced diagonally
        1 small jar celery seeds
        1 small jar oregano
        1 large head fresh garlic, peeled and minced
        1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
        1 jar pepperoncini, drained (small salad peppers) left whole
        1 pound large Greek black olives
        1 jar cocktail onions, drained

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl or pot and mix well. Place in a large jar and cover with 1/2 olive oil and 1/2 Crisco oil. Store tightly covered in refrigerator. Allow to marinate for at least 24 hours before using.

For the sandwich:
        1 round loaf italian bread
        1/4 pound mortadella, thinly sliced
        1/4 pound ham, thinly sliced
        1/4 pound hard Genoa salami, thinly sliced
        1/4 pound Mozzarella cheese, sliced
        1/4 pound Provolone cheese,sliced
        1 cup olive salad with oil

Split a muffuletta loaf or a loaf of Italian bread horizontally. Spread each half with equal parts of olive salad and oil. Place meats and cheeses evenly on bottom half and cover with top half of bread. Cut in quarters. Enjoy!

Serves four timid dieters, two hearty New Orleanians or one incredible maiale.

Comment

Tapenade Recipe for you!

Spread extra tapenade on small toasts for a quick appetizer or use tapenade as a sandwich spread—it works especially well with fresh mozzarella and either sliced tomatoes or roasted peppers.

Makes about 1 cup 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
          1 1/2 cups pitted kalamata olives
          2 tablespoons shredded fresh basil leaves
          2 teaspoons fresh rosemary leaves
          1 tablespoon capers , rinsed
          4 anchovy fillets , rinsed

Place ingredients in workbowl of food processor. Process, stopping as necessary to scrape down sides of bowl, until mixture is finely minced and forms a chunky paste, about 1 minute. Transfer mixture to small bowl. (Surface of tapenade can be covered with plastic wrap or film of olive oil and refrigerated for up to 3 days.)

Comment

Working...
          X