barbecued shrimp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• barbecued shrimp

I recently went to a cajun restraunt and ordered barbecued shrimp thinking it was some sort of shrimp cooked on a grill. DAH It was actually served in a spicy cream sauce with bread all around the outside for dipping in the sauce. Boy was it good. Does anyone have a recipe for this?

Re: barbecued shrimp

What was the name of the restaurant? Where is it located?

Comment

It is called Russos and is just a little place in Northeast Ohio.

Comment

I have made this 3 or 4 times. It is very good and spicy.

BBQ Shrimp

3 lbs. lg. shrimp, heads on
        1 tsp. cayenne pepper
        1 tsp. liquid crab boil
        2 lemons
        1 orange
        2 sticks margarine
        6 cloves garlic, sliced
        1 lg. onion, sliced
        6 tbsp. salt

Slice lemon and orange. Melt margarine and add all ingredients except shrimp, and saute until tender. Remove from heat and cool. Pour over shrimp and marinate several hours. Bake in 425 degree oven until all shrimp are pink; turn frequently. Takes about 15 minutes. Serve with French bread, as an appetizer or main dish.

Notes: I omit the salt. I add sliced mushrooms and rough cut bell pepper. I also do it on the stove top sometimes. Sometimes, I leave out the orange and add another lemon. I also peel the shrimp.

Serves 6.

Comment

Oh yummy This sounds like it is it. Thank you so much. I knew I could count on you guys. I am a newbie and am glad I found this place.

Comment

My ex mother in law used to make this, she just used butter and Tony Casaree's (sp) seasoning. Very good stuff. She was/is from Lousianna. One thing I will saw about Lousianna, is the food is delicious. It is pretty much really tasty whereever you go, just don't ask too many questions about what you are eating. There is a place in New Orleans Pascal Manale's that serves up their BBQ shrimp simply, in a bowl with lots of this buttery sauce, and with fresh french bread, and a bib. That is one place that is a must stop whenever I am in New Orleans.

Comment

It is good stuff.

Comment

Working...
              X