July 4th Cookout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 4th Cookout?

We're thinking of having one. What are you serving? Would like to do something besides the same old hamburgers & hot dogs. (LOL at first I typed hot dongs....this dacquiri is getting to me!)

Re: July 4th Cookout?

We are having either ribs or brisket, pasta salad, corn on the cob, strawberry and blueberry cheesecakes and dunno what else yet.
    I'm a transplanted Yankee!

Comment

We like to do a pork tenderloin, injected and rubbed with our favorite marinades and rubs. We like lemon pepper! Side include baked beans, salad and angel food cake with berries!

Enjoy your 4th!!

Comment

DS#1 will be home from CA for this holiday!!! And hopefully the family will all be together so everyone will bring something to round out the meal.

I'll be cooking either:

Deep fried turkey.. sides - make ahead potatoes - dilly green beans (served at room temperature)

OR

Roasted beef tenderloin..sides: smashed potato salad (Emerils)..asparagus wrapped in proscuitto on the grill..

I find that doing hot dongs/hamburgs is so much more time consuming (for the grillmaster) and the condiments take time (pickles/onions/tomatoes/lettuce etc!)

If you wanna go easy.. how about brats cooked in beer? I do this for camping/tailgating. Great tasting.. and easy! Condiments are mustard or ketchup (??? ok.. someone ALWAYS asks~)
        Tessa

Comment

Dunkleys Mac salad in "hall of Fame" is fabulous! I made it on Memorial Day and will be making it again for July 4th

Comment

...also... making Beans Jalapeno Cornbread

Comment

[QUOTE=BJinTexas;252298]...also... making Beans Jalapeno Cornbread [/QUOTE]

We are also having Dunkleys Mac salad (DH's favorite).

Sameoldkris, you could always do a beer butt chicken, those are fun and taste great.

Comment

Dh Is Going To Make A Dish, I Am Not Sure What He Calls It. But He Puts In: Cut Up Zuchinni, Onions, Carrots, Potatoes, Brats (cut Into Bite Size), Pork Tednerloin. He Then Pours In A Bottle Of Italian Dressing And Sets It On The Grill For A Hour Or So. Yummy And Easy.
                SHEL

Comment

I'm not sure what I'm having, but I do know for sure I have all the festive paper products and goodies Shel gave me for my swap !!!

Comment

We bbq most Sundays in the good weather, but don't make anything special. Maybe make what you bbq best.

For us that's a choice of meats - dogs, burgers, steak, chicken pieces or wings
                    Veggie kabobs of - any color pepper, sliced onions, any kind of tomatoes, par boiled and chunked potatoes, and shrooms

Are yo looking for off-the-grill recips, like poato salad, blueberry buckle, etc ?
                    I don't want buns of steel. I want buns of cinnamon !!!

Comment

Working...
                    X