Soldotna, Alaska Resteraunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soldotna, Alaska Resteraunt

My dad said the best meal he's ever eatten was at a Resteraunt in Soldotna, AK. It was Halibut with Pontchartrain Sauce. Just wondering if anyone know's the resteraunt or if anyone has a T&T recipe for Pontchartrain sauce. I've looked online but he remembers it having a lot of different kinds of seafood in the sauce. None of the recipes online had that. Thanks!

Re: Soldotna, Alaska Resteraunt

I FOUND THIS ON RECIPEZAAR. IF YOU GOOGLE THE NAME, THERE ALOT OF DIFFERENT RECIPES. SOUNDS PRETTY GOOD.

Landry's Pontchartrain Sauce Recipe #190085
    An exciting explosion of flavors to accent almost any meat, but especially delicious over fish, chicken or pork.
    by Molly53
    SERVES 6

1 small onion, peeled and chopped fine
    1 cup Chardonnay wine
    1 tablespoon butter (no substitutions)
    1 tablespoon flour
    1 cup fish stock or chicken stock
    1/4 cup mushrooms, chopped fine
    1 small green pepper, seeded and chopped fine
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    1/2 cup butter, chopped into 1 tablespoon pieces (no substitutions)
    salt or black pepper or cayenne pepper or tarragon

Cook the Chardonnay and the onion together over a low fire until the wine is reduced and the onion is very soft and transparent.
    Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in another heavy saucepan over medium heat.
    Add the flour and whisk until blended.
    Add the stock a little at a time, whisking constantly until blended and thickened.
    Add the mushrooms, green pepper and garlic. Cover and simmer down until the vegetables are soft.
    Remove from heat and add 1/2 cup of butter pieces until melted.
    Add to the Chardonnay (which should now be reduced to a glaze) mixture.
    Blend well over very low heat.
    Season to taste with salt (may not be needed), black pepper, cayenne, and tarragon.

2007 Recipezaar. All Rights Reserved. http://www.recipezaar.com

Share your experience with others, and post your comments on the recipe. Type 190085 in the Search box at the top of Recipezaar, to get back to this recipe easily.

Recipe Notes & Rating: 5 stars 4 stars 3 stars 2 stars 1 star

Comment

THIS ONE'S A LITTLE DIFFERENT,

Pontchartrain Barbecued Grilled Fish Recipe
      Cajun Seafood

Ingredients:
      4 Lb. Snapper, Grouper or like
      1 stick margarine
      1 tsp. onion salt
      1 T. green pepper finely chopped
      1/2 tsp. garlic powder
      1 T. parsley, finely chopped
      jucie of 1/2 lemon
      1 tsp. Louisana hot sauce
      2 T. Worcestershire sauce
      1/4 tsp. oregano
      1/2 tsp. coarse ground black pepper

Directions:
      In a saucepan, melt margarine at 400F. Add seasoning and stir in well. Add worcestershire sauce and hot sauce; blend well. Reduce heat to 200F. Add green perpper and parsley and bring to a simmer. Lay fish steaks on foil, forming a boat that can be closed at the top. Pour a generous amount of sauce over fish. Seal top of the foil and place on hot grill. After 25 minutes, open seal and turn fish over. Reseal top and continue to grill until fish is flaky and tender. If fish is developing too much moisture, you can leave top of foil open to increase the absorption rate. Squeeze with lemon juice and serve. Serves 8

Comment

My dd is visitingn Alaska right now, but don't know if she is near there. she's in the Anchorage and Wasilla areas

Comment

Have to just throw in that I have never found Halibut to taste as good as it does in Alaska. It was my all time favorite meal everywhere in Alaska. Wish we were planning a trip there this year ... BIG, Huge, SIGH. That recipe was fantastic to begin with that fresh fish. Good luck in duplicating the recipe.

Comment

You could just call the restaurant and beg for the recipe. Was is Louie's Steak and Seafood?

Comment

[QUOTE=chickyp;252690]You could just call the restaurant and beg for the recipe. Was is Louie's Steak and Seafood?[/QUOTE]

That's the catch, my dad doesn't remember the name of the resteraunt. Otherwise I would call and beg and plead for it!!

Comment

[QUOTE=slb624;252607]My dad said the best meal he's ever eatten was at a Resteraunt in Soldotna, AK. It was Halibut with Pontchartrain Sauce. Just wondering if anyone know's the resteraunt or if anyone has a T&T recipe for Pontchartrain sauce. I've looked online but he remembers it having a lot of different kinds of seafood in the sauce. None of the recipes online had that. Thanks![/QUOTE]

I'm from the Soldotna area and I haven't heard of this sauce. Can he describe what the restaurant looked like? Was it part of a Motel or a stand alone restaurant? Was it close to a bridge? There are several good restaurants in Soldotna. I'll be glad to help if I can.

Comment

Not To Hijack, But That's What I Do! Lol

Welcome Akbettie!

Comment

Working...
                  X