Amish Breakfest Bread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amish Breakfest Bread

My Parents Were Just Somewhere Where They Got Some Amish Breakfest Bread. All I Know Is That Is Had Sausage In It. They Had This Bread Toasted. Does Anyone Know What I Am Talking About? Or Happen To Have A Recipe That Would Be Similar? I Would Love To Make This For Next Weekend. Tia.
    SHEL

Re: Amish Breakfest Bread

Here are 33 recipes!!!!

Could not find a specific Amish Breakfast bread anywhere so far.

http://www.recipezaar.com/recipes.php?s_type=%2Frecipes.php&q=sausage+bread&Search=Search

Comment

THIS IS A DOWNLOADABLE COOKBOOK WITH AMISH RECIPES, I GLANCED THRU IT AND DIDN'T SEE THE ONE YOUR LOOKING FOR, BUT YOU CAN LOOK CLOSER IF YOU CARE TO.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/1772/Amish-Recipes

Comment

Breakfast Sausage Bread recipe
        Posted by bettyboop50 at recipegoldmine.com

2 frozen loaves white bread dough, thawed
        1/2 pound mild pork sausage
        1/2 pound hot pork sausage
        1 1/2 cups diced fresh mushrooms
        1/2 cup chopped onions
        3 eggs
        2 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
        1 teaspoon each dried basil and parsley flakes
        1 teaspoon garlic powder

Allow bread to nearly double in size.

Heat oven to 350 degrees F.

in a skillet over medium heat, cook and crumble sausages; add mushrooms and onion. Cook until sausage is browned and onion and mushrooms are tender, drain and cool.

Beat 1 egg and set aside.

To sausage mixture, add 2 eggs, cheese and seasonings, mixing well.

Roll each loaf of dough into a 16 x 12-inch rectangle. Spread half of the sausage mixture on each loaf to within 1 inch of edges. Roll jellyroll style, starting at a narrow end, seal edges.

Place on a greased baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes, brush with beaten egg and bake an additional 5 to 10 minutes longer until golden brown. Serve warm. Makes 2 loaves.

Comment

thanks everyone. jewels, that sounds just like what i am looking for and not to had to make. thanks again i will be trying this next weekend for sure.
          SHEL

Comment

[QUOTE=jewels;254858]Breakfast Sausage Bread recipe
            Posted by bettyboop50 at recipegoldmine.com

2 frozen loaves white bread dough, thawed
            1/2 pound mild pork sausage
            1/2 pound hot pork sausage
            1 1/2 cups diced fresh mushrooms
            1/2 cup chopped onions
            3 eggs
            2 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
            1 teaspoon each dried basil and parsley flakes
            1 teaspoon garlic powder

Allow bread to nearly double in size.

Heat oven to 350 degrees F.

in a skillet over medium heat, cook and crumble sausages; add mushrooms and onion. Cook until sausage is browned and onion and mushrooms are tender, drain and cool.

Beat 1 egg and set aside.

To sausage mixture, add 2 eggs, cheese and seasonings, mixing well.

Roll each loaf of dough into a 16 x 12-inch rectangle. Spread half of the sausage mixture on each loaf to within 1 inch of edges. Roll jellyroll style, starting at a narrow end, seal edges.

Place on a greased baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes, brush with beaten egg and bake an additional 5 to 10 minutes longer until golden brown. Serve warm. Makes 2 loaves.[/QUOTE]

I SHOWED THIS TO MY MOM, SHE SAYS IT SOUNS VERY CLOSE TO WHAT THEY HAD. THANKS AGAIN
            SHEL

Comment

I Made This This Weekend And It Is Very Good, It Wasn't Really Like The Bread That My Mom Had Bought, But It Was Very Good. I Will Be Making This Again. Thanks For The Recipe.
              SHEL

Comment

Shel, I checked the cookbook you gave me on our first swap and there wasn't any recipe like that in there.. Sorry.

Comment

Amish Friendship Bread

Amish Friendship Starter
                  1 cup sugar
                  1 cup milk
                  1 cup all-purpose flour

Amish Friendship Bread
                  1 cup starter
                  2/3 cup vegetable oil
                  2 cups all-purpose flour
                  1 cup sugar 3 eggs
                  1 1/2tsp baking powder
                  1-1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
                  1/2 tsp. vanilla
                  1/2tsp salt
                  1/2 tsp. baking soda
                  Your choice of raisins, chocolate chips, nuts, seeds, apples, dates etc.

Amish Friendship Starter:
                  Combine the ingredients in a large deep glass or plastic container. Cover lightly. If the container has a lid, leave it slightly ajar or place a piece of cheesecloth over the container and secure with a rubberband. Store at room temperature. Stir every day for 17 days. On day 18 do nothing. On days 19, 20 and 21 stir. On day 22, stir and add 1cup of flour, 1 cup sugar and 1 cup milk. Stir again. On days 23, 24, 25, and 26 stir. On day 27 add 1 cup of flour, 1 cup of sugar, and 1 cup of milk. Stir. You should now have about 4 cups of starter. Give 2 friends each 1 cup and keep 2 cups for yourself. Use 1 of the two cups in the Amish Friendship Bread recipe and use the other to keep the starter going. When you give the starter away include these instructions:

Keeping a starter going: Do not refrigerate and do not use a metal spoon when stirring the starter. On day 1 (the day you receive the starter), do nothing, On days 2, 3 and 4 stir. On day 5 stir in 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar, and cup milk. Pour mixture into large glass mixing bowl; cover lightly. The mixture will rise. On days 6, 7, 8, and 9 stir. On day 10 stir in 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar, and 1 cup milk. Stir. Give 2 friends each 1 cup. Keep for yourself 1 cup to make Friendship Bread and one cup to keep the starter going.

Amish Friendship Bread:
                  Combine all ingredients and mix well. Place batter in well greased and sugared 9x5x3 inch loaf pan. Bake at 350*F for 45-50 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan.

Comment

[QUOTE=Damar12;257507]Amish Friendship Bread

Amish Friendship Starter
                    1 cup sugar
                    1 cup milk
                    1 cup all-purpose flour

Amish Friendship Bread
                    1 cup starter
                    2/3 cup vegetable oil
                    2 cups all-purpose flour
                    1 cup sugar 3 eggs
                    1 1/2tsp baking powder
                    1-1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
                    1/2 tsp. vanilla
                    1/2tsp salt
                    1/2 tsp. baking soda
                    Your choice of raisins, chocolate chips, nuts, seeds, apples, dates etc.

Amish Friendship Starter:
                    Combine the ingredients in a large deep glass or plastic container. Cover lightly. If the container has a lid, leave it slightly ajar or place a piece of cheesecloth over the container and secure with a rubberband. Store at room temperature. Stir every day for 17 days. On day 18 do nothing. On days 19, 20 and 21 stir. On day 22, stir and add 1cup of flour, 1 cup sugar and 1 cup milk. Stir again. On days 23, 24, 25, and 26 stir. On day 27 add 1 cup of flour, 1 cup of sugar, and 1 cup of milk. Stir. You should now have about 4 cups of starter. Give 2 friends each 1 cup and keep 2 cups for yourself. Use 1 of the two cups in the Amish Friendship Bread recipe and use the other to keep the starter going. When you give the starter away include these instructions:

Keeping a starter going: Do not refrigerate and do not use a metal spoon when stirring the starter. On day 1 (the day you receive the starter), do nothing, On days 2, 3 and 4 stir. On day 5 stir in 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar, and cup milk. Pour mixture into large glass mixing bowl; cover lightly. The mixture will rise. On days 6, 7, 8, and 9 stir. On day 10 stir in 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar, and 1 cup milk. Stir. Give 2 friends each 1 cup. Keep for yourself 1 cup to make Friendship Bread and one cup to keep the starter going.

Amish Friendship Bread:
                    Combine all ingredients and mix well. Place batter in well greased and sugared 9x5x3 inch loaf pan. Bake at 350*F for 45-50 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan.[/QUOTE]

THANKS. I HAD SOME STARTER LAST YEAR AND MADE THE BREAD FOR THE GUYS WHEN THEY WERE DIGGING BEETS. ONE GUY EAT MORE THAN 1/2 THE LOAF--SO I WAS HOPING TO FIND A RECIPE FOR THIS AGAIN TO MAKE THIS YEAR.
                    SHEL

Comment

I make it now and then. Once ya start it is hard to stop for a while.

Comment

[QUOTE=Damar12;257902]I make it now and then. Once ya start it is hard to stop for a while.[/QUOTE]

DID I READ SOMEWHERE THAT YOU CAN FREEZE THAT STARTERS WHEN THEY WERE READY TO MAKE BREAD?
                        SHEL

Comment

I froze mine, a few months ago, still in my freezer. I read on the internet it could be done.
                          I organize chores into catagories.
                          Things I won't do now; things I won't do later; things I'll never do.

Comment

[QUOTE=Kayce;258445]I froze mine, a few months ago, still in my freezer. I read on the internet it could be done.[/QUOTE]

LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU BAKE IT--I WONT BE TRYING IT TILL THE FALL.
                            SHEL

Comment

Not sure myself, I never have . It is too easy to start a new batch when needed.

Comment

Working...
                              X