Looking for Champps Potato Soup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Champps Potato Soup

Hi - I am new to this site. I just had lunch at a Champpps Sportsbar Restaurant and
    found their potato soup to be absolutely delicious. Does anyone know of any site
    that may have this recipe posted? Any information would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you.

Re: Looking for Champps Potato Soup

Ross... can you describe the flavour? I understand champs potatoes in England and Wales to be a mashed potato mixed with a boiled milk and lots of chopped green onions, and perhaps the soup is a diluted form of this? A very fresh flavour compaired to American potatoes really. What do you remember about the soup??? Tx, Laura

Comment

Champps is the restaurant where I had the soup. It was a Chunky Potato Soup with a very
      rich flavor. The potatoes were cubed and in a thick broth - it was topped with bacon bits, cheddar cheese and croutons. The croutons had different flavors - I think they used both
      rye and pumpernickel bread croutons. It was served much like a French onion soup.
      I would think that perhaps someone may have a copy cat recipe or that is has appeared
      somewhere. Thanks.

Comment

What city/state are they in.. I'll try to give them a call..

Comment

Champps Americana is a restaurant/sportsbar. They are located all over the US in
          various states. They do have a web site @ http://champps.com and yes Champps is
          spelled with the double"p". Thank you very much for any help.

Comment

If you check out potato soup recipes at allrecipes.....there are tons!!!! To thicken any of the recipes.........make extra potatoes and muusssssssssshhhhh them up w/ a potato masher and add to you soup. Gosh........too hot here for potato soup!!!!!! I do love it, though!!!! We are in the Chicken Corn Soup months!!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X