ISO recipe for chicken taco's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISO recipe for chicken taco's

My brother-in-law makes these when we go to Portland Oregon but I never can get the recipe. I know it is pretty easy if he is cooking it. Seems there is only chicken, corn, salsa and not sure what else. If anyone has this recipe please pass it along. Thanks.

Debbie
    Never regret something because at one point it was exactly what you wanted!

Re: ISO recipe for chicken taco's

Popeye's makes good chicken tacos, I've never tried to make them. I'll be watching for recipes.

Comment

Here is one I make (posted in the Cinco thread). You can always add corn, etc.

CHICKEN TACOS

2 chicken breasts, marinated (recipe below)
      4 corn tortillas
      8oz shredded cheese (Cheddar and Monterey)
      one bunch of cilantro (use 1/2 for the marinade and 1/2 half for the tacos)
      1 avocado
      2 chopped Roma tomatoes
      8 oz of shredded lettuce

Marinade

1/4 cup lime juice
      1 green onion, chopped
      1/2 bunch cilantro
      1 green onion, chopped
      1/4 cup olive oil
      1 jalapeno
      Salt and pepper, to taste

Marinade chicken breasts for 4 hours in refrigerator. Grill chicken breasts. Cut into bite size pieces. Top each warmed corn tortilla with chicken pieces and remaining ingredients. Serve immediately.

Comment

Does anyone have a recipe that does not call for grilling the chicken? I am not fond of the chicken being grilled but I do not know how to cook it otherwise for tacos. We used to have a mexican restaurant that had the best chicken tacos. They would cook their chicken with onions & peppers in some kind of red sauce - delicious. Anybody have any ideas on how to make something like this? I know the chicken is not grilled.

Comment

You can always pan fry or bake the chicken.

Comment

I brown boneless, skinless breasts, sprinkle with taco seasoning (to taste), add enough water to cover and slow simmer until the liquid is absorbed and you can shred the chicken with two forks. Great for tacos or chicken enchiladas.

Comment

[QUOTE=kirkland;257816]Does anyone have a recipe that does not call for grilling the chicken? I am not fond of the chicken being grilled but I do not know how to cook it otherwise for tacos. We used to have a mexican restaurant that had the best chicken tacos. They would cook their chicken with onions & peppers in some kind of red sauce - delicious. Anybody have any ideas on how to make something like this? I know the chicken is not grilled.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you're describing chicken fajitas.

Comment

You could also stew your chicken in enchilado sauce if necessary. This is just a suggestion. I usually grill or pressure cook my chicken for burritos, tacos, enchilados and such. Sometimes after shredding the cooked chicken, I will put it in a pot, add taco seasoning and water. Let it simmer a while and take on the flavors of seasoning and then build what I want from that.

Comment

Chicken Tacos

Ingredients:

3 boneless skinless chicken breasts -- diced
                  1 cup salsa -- divided
                  7 ounces Mexican-style corn -- drained
                  1/2 cup canned black beans -- drained
                  8 taco shells -- hard or soft
                  1 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
                  1/2 cup finely shredded Cheddar cheese
                  1 small tomato -- chopped
                  chopped black olives
                  sour cream

Directions:
                  Combine chicken and 1/2 cup salsa in a large skillet. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring, until chicken is cooked. Stir in corn and beans; mix well. Simmer about 3 minutes.

Spoon chicken mixture into taco shells. Top with lettuce, cheese and tomato. Serve with remaining salsa, black olives and sour cream.

Comment

[QUOTE=janabanana;257885]Sounds like you're describing chicken fajitas.[/QUOTE]

Yes - your right it does sound like fajitas. But this was cooked all together in a red sauce, chicken was not grilled. Almost as if they simmered it all together. They used this for the quasadillas to.

Comment

Thank you Jewel that recipe sounds right. Thanks for all who contributed on this thread. Have a great day.

Debbie
                      Never regret something because at one point it was exactly what you wanted!

Comment

Why don't you call your brother and ask him for the recipe, I want to know what it is now.
                        It must be good to keep thinking about them. let us know~

Comment

[QUOTE=nuisance;257808]Popeye's makes good chicken tacos, I've never tried to make them. I'll be watching for recipes.[/QUOTE]

They do taco's? I thot they only did fried chicken...

Comment

id get a rotisseree chicken at the grocery,skin and bone it,and add whatever you like.

Comment

Working...
                            X