ISO blueberry pie recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISO blueberry pie recipe

I tried to search the site for this, but got lots of other responses!
    If you have a great recipe, not too sweet, preferably one that is a tried and true favorite, I'd love it!
    Thanks in advance.

Re: ISO blueberry pie recipe

This pie has been in my family more than the 43 years I have been married and making it.

Fresh Blueberry Pie
    4 cups blueberries ( I have only used fresh)
    3 Tbs corn starch
    1 cup sugar
    3/4 cup water
    2 Tbs butter
    dash lemon juice
    dash salt
    Boil one cup of the blueberries and 3/4 cup water for 4 minutes. Add sugar, corn starch and cook until slightly thick and clear. Add lemon juice, salt and butter. Pour over cooled pie crust filled with 3 cups blueberries. Chill until ready to serve. I make real whipped cream for topping. really good pie.

Comment

Do you also make your own crust or use a ready made one?

Comment

Depends on the mood I am in. Made it for the 4th and used a Mrs Smiths and it was still good.

Comment

oh, my, my, my ... never have made a blueberry pie and this sounds good. Drool!

Comment

Good for me on the pie crust.

Comment

There is a restaurant in Maine called Helen's. Their blueberry and strawberry pies are made with fresh, uncooked berries. They just bake the crust and fill it with berries. They then top it with fresh whipped cream. Of course, the Maine blueberries are tiny and they stack them high. We haven't baked a berry pie since having theirs. It isn't as sweet and if your berries are ripe, it can be heaven. Also extremely easy! We have taken some strawberries and mashed them, cooked them with a little sugar and poured on top of the fresh berries. Either way, they are wonderful.

Comment

Working...
              X