Child's Birthday Lunch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child's Birthday Lunch

Any ideas for something to make for a kid's b-day party for lunch? Most of the kids are between 2-3 but a few are older (oldest is 8). There will be about 11 kids.

Easy and not super-messy are preferable.

Re: Child's Birthday Lunch

Chicken nuggets or strips. all kids like those. hotdogs, chips or fries.

DIL made GS's cake in ice cream cones. just get the regular ice cream cones and pour batter in there and bake. I used a cream cheese frosting I flavored strawberry and colored red, and lemon, I colored yellow. The kids, young and old. loved those more than anything.

Comment

Mac and cheese! Agree with Nu, chicken strips with some dips. Costco sells some dinosaur ones that are actually pretty good - made in Canada I think.

We used to put bananas on sticks, dip them in chocolate and freeze.

Comment

How about those tiny hot dogs rolled up in biscuit dough.. What are they called? Weinie roll ups? I made the ice cream cone cake 20 years ago, and they were a hit.

Comment

Yep, Pigs in a blanket, individual cheese pizzas, chicken nuggets, grilled cheese sandwiches cut in fun shapes (no crusts). Fruit kababs, buttered noodles, Gogurt (frozen is fun). Veggies and dip (mostly carrots).

I have done a "make your own pizza" with 3 and 4 year olds. I give them a pre-baked crust and they top it with whatever they want(sausage is precooked).

Comment

I didn't think about the pizza's. My kids loved (and still do) mini pizzas. I'd make them on english muffins. Or you can use flattened biscuit dough!

I picked up a Taste of Home mag today at Wal-Mart, "Fun Food" bunch of good ideas for kids. It'd be worth making a trip to go get one for ideas if you need more!

There's a recipe in it for "Lunch Box Pizzas" Flatten a biscuit and press into a greased muffin cup. Put a teaspoon sauce inside, top with a slice of pepperoni and about 1 tbsp of cheese. bake 425 for 10-15 min.

Comment

These recipes sound awesome! I take care of my 5 yo grand daughter frequently & she LOVES veggies, believe it or not! My other 2 grand daughters like their veggies too....
              Maybe a small plate of sliced dill pickes, green & black olives, celery w/peanut butter, Ritz crackers & mild sliced cheese to go along with the hot doggies, chicken strips, etc. will keep the little guys happy!
              "WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Comment

gotta have mac & cheese I have a recipe at home that uses a boc of kraft mac & cheese as a crust, pressed in a pie plate.... and then you add misc ingredients. I'll post the recipe tomorrow.

Comment

Here is a good dessert time item. Kids love it.

Puppy Chow

1 pkg. (12-oz) chocolate chips
                  1 stick margarine
                  1 cup creamy peanut butter
                  1 box Rice Chex
                  1 box Powdered Sugar
                  1 grocery store paper bag

In microwave, melt pkg chocolate chips, stick margarine, cup peanut butter for 1 minute. Stir, then cook for 20 more seconds. Stir. In a large bowl, pour box Rice Chex. Pour chocolate mixture on top and stir until well coated. Pour box powdered sugar in bottom of paper bag. Dump chex mix on top. Shake and shake until well coated. As you can see I halved the recipe because mixing all once is a pain.

Comment

I hate giving hot dogs to kids that small. They're the PERFECT choking food!!
                    "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

If you do serve hotdogs, here's a cute idea: buy the skinniest hotdogs, cut in half, then slice in quarters lengthwise leaving about an inch intact on each uncut end. Drop in boiling water and the "legs" will curl up, and you have octopus. Octopi?

Comment

kraft has some wonderful idea for kids meals. Check those out for next time

Comment

peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on bread or crackers.

Anything they can dip! Fruit in fruit dip, grahm cracker sticks in marshmallow whip, goldfish crackers in peanut butter. you get the idea.

noodles with any kind of sauce.

have fun

Comment

Working...
                          X