Lil Smokies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lil Smokies

Besides bean dishes, do you know of any main dish recipes that I can use Lil Smokies in? I found a great deal on them so I stocked up, froze a few packs of them and have 2 packs in the fridge. I know I wont be entertaining anytime soon so I dont want to make appetizers with them.

Re: Lil Smokies

Add them to an package of red beans and rice mix. quick southern food.

Comment

Thats a great idea! Just checked out my pantry and I dont have red beans&rice, but I do have some spanish rice mix. Sounds like that might work!

Comment

Wrap Some Biscuit Around Them For Pigs In A Blanket. Or Use Them In Any Recipe You'd Put Polish Sausage Or Summer Sausage In. Sauerkraut/cabbage...

Comment

Use them wherever you'd use sausages. Make sausage & peppers with pasta in a tomato sauce

Comment

I know it's hot outside, but I put little smokies in my potato soup. Adds a good flavor!

Comment

Put em in a blender and make ground sausage out of it.
              Make sausage and chicken gumbo.
              Grill em and eat em.
              Just think sausage and use em.

Comment

When we are camping, I like to use the lil smokies instead of bacon or sausage, because I don't like grease to spatter in my small camper kitchen.

Comment

Not a main dish, but a snack.. which may not be for everyone, but where I grew up, pickled sausages where a big thing. Pickled anything, actually, I've seen bottled pickled eggs, pigs feet, ok thats about it, lol.. and its easy to do.

Pickled Sausages

1 package (size?) little smokie sausages
                  1 1/2 pints white vinegar
                  1-2 Tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes

Combine all in a clean jar, I use an empty pickle jar. Refrigerate for 1 week, shaking occasionally. Lasts a long time in fridge.

Comment

Kiop, thats a great idea that I hadnt thought of. My DS loves pickled sausages but I never buy them because theyre expensive and he can eat a whole jar in just a few minutes! I think I'll take the 2 packs I have in the freezer out to thaw and will pickle them.

Comment

I Love The Pickled Sausages. May Have To Try This One Myself!!!! Haven't Tried The Pigs Feet, Don't Know That I'll Ever Get Hungry Enough To Either! Lol

Comment

I'm wondering how it would be if I tried to pickle some eggs along with the sausages? In the same jar I mean?

Comment

I Don't Know. Don't I Remember Somewhere You Put The Eggs In With The Shell And The Vinegar Erodes/eats Away The Shell????

Comment

I make a corndog casserole with them, I use a Jiffy cornbread mix, add sauted onion, frozen corn (thawed), cheese and then whatever else you like. Green chilies, etc. The sky is the limit on addins. Don't forget to add the little smokies, however many you choose. Bake to pkg directions. With all the addins, it usually takes a 9x13 casserole!

Pretty good eats
                            Last edited by moo; 07-17-2008, 02:25 PM. Reason: I left out an ingredient
                            A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.

Comment

My mom takes the hard boiled eggs and puts them in the juice from pickled beets, never tried them.

Comment

Working...
                              X