Chocolate-covered toffee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocolate-covered toffee?

Hello! Anyone out there have a recipe for almond toffee that is covered with chocolate and dusted in ground almonds? Would love a recipe.

Re: Chocolate-covered toffee?

My brother usually has some sent to us for Christmas, but I would prefer making it & sharing it with others. Thanks to all that reply!

Comment

this is a great recipe---do not use a teflon coated pan and I have found that if the humidity is high---sometimes the recipe takes a long time to cook up

1 cup sugar
      1 cup butter (not maargarine)
      3/4 cup sliced almonds

Combine all and cook on medium heat until the candy reaches the hard crack stage on a candy thermomether (also the color of the cooked candy will be a rich caramel color. You must stir this constantly because the surgar will burn.

After the mixture has reached the hard crack stage quickly pour it onto a cookie sheet/jelly roll pan and spread quickly. use about a cup of chocolate chips---can use the semi-sweet or milk chocolate (your preference) let the chips sit on top of the candy for about 2 minutes and then spread evenly over candy. I then add finely chopped walnuts or pecans to the top of the chocolate chips. Let candy harden and then break apart. I ususally will use a butter knife to chop the candy into bite size pieces. Be sure to not use a non stick (teflon) cookie sheet because you will ruin it when you chop it up with a knife.

any questions-----just ask

mcrichwv

Comment

I use this same recipe. I put down parchment paper, pour the candy on it and when the candy hardens, just lift it up and break into pieces.

Comment

Thank-you both for your input! It is greatly appreciated! Will enjoy this one for sure!
          Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

This is what I make because it tastes like Almond Roca! It makes plenty, I always have enough for holiday trays and home! Enjoy! OH, and in my house it takes longer than 3 hr. to cool.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEST EVER BUTTER TOFFEE

It's best to have a reliable candy thermometer handy when making these crunchy buttery candies.

Preparation time: 10 min Cooling time: 3 hrs Cooking time: 25 min
            Yield: 5 dozen candies (2 1/4 pounds)

2 1/3 cups sugar
            2 cups LAND O LAKES® Butter
            1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
            2 tablespoons light corn syrup
            1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts or pecans, toasted
            1 cup (6-ounces) semi-sweet or milk real chocolate chips (We recommend NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Morsels)

Butter 15x10x1-inch jelly-roll pan. Combine all ingredients except nuts and chocolate chips in heavy 3-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until butter is melted.

Reduce heat to medium-low. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until candy thermometer reaches 300°F or small amount of mixture dropped into cold water forms hard brittle strands (25 to 40 minutes). Stir in 1 cup nuts.

Pour mixture into prepared pan; spread to desired thickness. Sprinkle chocolate chips over hot candy; let stand 5 minutes. Spread melted chocolate evenly over candy. Sprinkle with nuts. Cool completely (at least 3 hours). Break into pieces. Store in airtight container in a cool dry place up to three weeks.

TIPS: Test your thermometer in boiling water. If the water boils at a temperature other than 212°F, adjust the temperature accordingly.

If your toffee separates during cooking, carefully and slowly add about 1/2 cup hot water, 1 tablespoon at a time, and stir constantly.

If you prefer a thinner toffee, use two buttered (15x10x1-inch) pans or cookie sheets and pour half of toffee mixture on each; spread to desired thickness.

Nutrition Facts (1 candy): Calories: 120, Fat: 9g, Cholesterol: 15mg, Sodium: 45mg, Carbohydrates: 11g, Dietary Fiber: 0g, Protein: <1g

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8654b © 2001 Land O'Lakes, Inc.

Comment

How thick is this y'all?

Comment

It isn't to thick..You can still break it up in pieces, but nice enough to eat. Maybe 1/8th in thick?

Comment

It will be similar to peanut brittle thickness.

Comment

Yummmmmmmmmm

Comment

Working...
                    X