Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ( ? ) Brownie's

Hi Anyother Question....

When making brownies I always have a very thin crust on top, when I try to put icing on the top it's such a mess. How can I stop the crust?

Thanks,
    Sugarcookie

Re: ( ? ) Brownie's

As soon as I take my brownies out of the oven, I run a butter knife all around the edge, between the brownie and the pan, it seems to work for me. Also this week, I had to make brownies for DH work for a party, after letting the brownies sit for 10 minutes, I flipped the pan over onto a glass tray, and I was surprised that they just fell out perfectly, then it was easy to cut them neatly. Hope this works for you

Comment

Another option is not to use icing.

Comment

I wonder if the type of brownie your making is not to have frosting. Cakelike brownies would be easier to frost maybe?
        I don't usually frost the box mixes.

Comment

Check out this website http://www.dianasdesserts.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/bakingtips.Brownies/Brownies.cfm. It says that over beating/mixing the batter is what causes the layer on top of the brownies.
          The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Comment

I have never frosted them, but I will soimetimes put unwrapped Andes Mints on top of them right out of the oven & let them sit about 5-10 mins. Then I spread them around like frosting and have never had a problem with it not setting up right. Guess you could do it with any solid chocolate type candy (hershey's kisses, etc.) Hope it helps!

Kathy (Hsmom)
            “Millions of favors are dangling from Heaven on silken cords and prayer is the sword that cuts them."

Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Comment

I sometimes put hershey bars on top of my brownies while they're still warm and let them melt. Then you just spread them around a bit.

Comment

Sometimes you just have to have frosting- that's what my son says anyway !! Try this trick- after they cool- put the pan of brownies in the freezer- long enough for the top layer to harden. The frosting spreads with no crumbs mixing in !!

Comment

I am IMPRESSED! Great ideas y'all! Thanks !
                  Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

I just add a bunch of frosting in the middle and start working it toward the sides. My DS loves for me to add mini m&m's on top of the frosting. Have made these for several years for his birthday. He takes them to school to share and his friends always seem to remember each year when it gets close to his birthday. They all ask for them.

Comment

Kirkland....you can make me brownies anytime. I love the crust on top and at the edges too!
                      "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

[QUOTE=Ro-Ro;262536]Kirkland....you can make me brownies anytime. I love the crust on top and at the edges too![/QUOTE]

Sounds good! We can meet half way and share!!! )

I plan to start this when my DD gets older (just 4 months right now) for her to take to school and share with her friends. Hopefully she will like them as much as DS.

I love the edges to! I want one of those brownie pans with all of the edges!

I also make brownies for Valentines day and use a heart shaped cookie cutter. Top with hot fudge and vanilla ice cream and we share this after dinner. DS loves this night to!

Comment

Working...
                        X