Pine nut cookie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pine nut cookie

To all of you great bakers out there, I need a tried and true pine nut cookie recipe for my son's wedding. He tasted this cookie at a bakery and asked me if I could make it since I like to bake. It had a soft texture with pine nuts on top. Thanks in advance

Re: Pine nut cookie

Sorry, never had them but I found this online

PINE - NUT COOKIES

1 lb. almond paste
    2 c. sugar
    4 eggs
    1/4 c. flour
    1/2 lb. pignolis (pine nuts)
    Pinch of salt

Mix together almond paste, sugar, and egg whites; mix. Add pinch of salt and flour. Mix well. Roll in crescent shape and dip in pignoli. Put on a cookie sheet that has been lined with brown paper. Wait until cookies are cooled before taking off (can be put on ungreased cookie sheet). Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes; remove from paper.

Comment

I have one at home that I got from a friend. I'll post tonight.

Comment

Sorry for delay, here's the receipe. They taste just like the bakery.

Pignoli Cookies
        1/2 lb almond paste - use pastry chopper to break up
        2 egg whites
        1/2 c. confectioners sugar
        1/2 c. sugar
        1/4 c. flour
        8 oz pine nuts

Preheat oven to 300. In mixing bowl beat almond paste and egg whites together with mixer. Fold sugars and flour into egg mixture w/a wooded spoon. Place a handful of pine nuts in a separate bowl. Make teaspoon sized balls with the mixture (carefull it will be very sticky, use oil on your hands), flatten them onto pine nuts and place on a greased cookie sheet. Bake for about 20 min. or until edges turn golden brown.

Comment

Working...
        X