? about using frozen bananas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? about using frozen bananas

I've started buying over-ripe bananas when they are on sale. I take them home, mash all of them up and then put in 2 cup containers and freeze. It seems that they lose a lot of the flavor that way, because my bread banana doesn't have the banana flavor like it should.
    Do I just add a little fresh banana when I make the bread, or add banana flavoring (if there is such a thing)?

Re: ? about using frozen bananas

I throw the banana in the freezer when they have passed their prime - skin and all. That way you lose none of the flavour at all. Just thaw and slip out of the skin and mash.

Comment

I also freeze mine whole with the skin on. I can't tell that they lose any of their flavor.

Comment

Same here! I just throw them in a zip lock freezer bag peel and all and they seem fine that way!

Comment

Same here. They are great for using in a Banana Bread or cake. I like to eat them while still frozen. They taste so good. Also freeze grapes to eat. Nice & cool in the summertime!
          Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

indeed I freeze the whole banana too.As for banana flavoring yes they do sell it but I got mine years ago from Watkins. It's great to add it in to anything you want to make a little more "banana" flavored!

Comment

You could slice the bananas into thick slices or half them if they are not too soft. Dip in melted chocolate, coat with chpd nuts or coconut flakes. What ever you like. You could also swirl on some melted caramel and freeze.

Comment

Working...
              X