Small red potatoes for supper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small red potatoes for supper

How do you fix yours? We grilled the first bunch but would like to have mashed tonite with the skins on. How long should I cook & do you add something special to it?

Re: Small red potatoes for supper

Just cut them up small and boil until tender. I add roasted garlic, butter and milk to mine. Cream cheese or sour cream if handy.

Comment

I like to slice the red potatoes and boil until fork-tender. Drain off the water, add butter, shredded cheese and green onions.....you can take it a step further by adding bacon bits & sour cream. Salt & pepper, a little garlic if you like!
      It doesn't take long to cook red potatoes.
      Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

It's probably too late for tonight, but I made these last night, from the pioneer woman. Really good!!!

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/06/crash-hot-potatoes/

Comment

When I make mashed with skin on, I just dice taters, probably quarter the small ones, boil until fork tender, drain well. I like to add cream cheese and/or sourcream instead of butter and milk. Sometimes I add some shredded cheese/bacon/green onions, one or all the above. Just enough cream cheese/sour cream to make it consistancy you want. Practice makes perfect!

Comment

I use a peeler and just peel a ring around the potato. Boil and serve with meltet butter with a little bit of lemon juice mixed into the butter. And of course salt.

Comment

Sounds like you & I are on the same wave-length Nu! Good Taste !
              Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

I make mine like Din-Din does but I add some fresh-snipped parsley or rosemary. It makes such a pretty dish!

Comment

I like to boil them until fork tender ... smash a bit or cut in half. Add salt & pepper, butter & dill (fresh or jarred).

Comment

I quarter them and boil. Then sprinkle with garlic powder, salt & pepper and then broil until crispy. Or sometimes I peel and slice, coat with lemon pepper and butter and then bake.

Comment

Love all the ideas! What I ended up doing was making parsley new potatoes. Sauted them in some oil and chicken broth till tender(after cutting them into quarters) then sprayed them with butter & shook on some parsley.

Comment

I eat this as a main dish, but it is really an appetizer.

Poatoes, Bacon and Cheese Fries

6 to 8 med potatoes
                        1 lb bacon fried
                        1 lg onion chopped
                        2 cups cheddar cheese or more, shredded

Clean potatoes well and cut into long wedges. Deep fry the potatoes until done and drain on paper towels. Fry bacon and crumble. Put enough potatoes in a 9x13 pan to cover bottom. Sprinkle chopped onions and crumbled bacon on top. Cover with cheese. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven until heated through and cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from oven, let rest a few minutes and serve.

Comment

Working...
                        X