how do you bbq wings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you bbq wings?

I'm just wondering if you bbq them halfway and then start brushing them with the bbq sauce?

Re: how do you bbq wings?

Dh Hates Chicken, So I Don't, But... I Would Think It Wouldn't Take Long For A Wing To Cook. I'd Put The Bbq Sauce On Before I Put It On The Grill.

Comment

i marinate them first, but not in straight bbq sauce.
      I don't want buns of steel. I want buns of cinnamon !!!

Comment

I do them about once a month. The way I make them is to grill them au natural until they're done (crispy skin). Then we put them in a large bowl that has about an inch or so of barbeque sauce (usually 'Bullseye' kicked up a little with some sort of hot sauce) and toss them around until they are all coated. Serve with a blue cheese sauce for dipping, some sort of grilled potato or fried potato and you have Buffalo chicken wings from the grill.
        The only drawback is that you have to constantly monitor the wings as they cook as the fat does cause constant flare ups which requires you to move them around a lot. I have heard that some people boil them first which renders out a lot of the fat which prevents this...although I haven't tried this method yet.

Comment

ya bob, wait till chicken is almost done,then add sauce,let it form a crust and take off grill.

Comment

Lately, we've been BBQ'ing the wings AWAY from the coals. Put the coals on ONE SIDE of the grill & put the wings CLEAR OVER ON THE OTHER SIDE of the BBQ! Kinda SMOKE 'em for about 30 to 50 minutes (depending on their size) & baste them with your favorite BBQ sauce the last 10 minutes or so. I like a BBQ sauce with a BOURBON KICK (we just visited a B&B in Kentucky & took the Heavenly Hill Tour). We're NOT Bourbon drinkers, but the Bourbon Distillery tour made us SEE THE LIGHT, LOL!
            "WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Comment

[email protected], I know what you mean.. years ago we took the Jack Daniels tour and had the same experience..

I agree with the others, grill your wings until thoroughly cooked before adding sauce, otherwise the sugars in the sauce will burn and give you a gross burnt flavor that your family will hate you for..

If you are using a charcoal grill, I would also throw a handful of soaked hickory or apple wood chips on the coals to give you a fantastic smoky flavor..

Comment

ok....a little different here. i put them in a pot with bbq sauce and simmer them for bout an hour. (i do a lot at once). then place them on a rack, put in oven and bake for bout 30-45 min to tack them up a little. made them last nite.......yummy!
                Attached Files
                http://weatherpixie.com/index.php?&h...=AZ&place=KFFZ

i didnt loose it! ...........i sold it on ebay!

Comment

Oooooh Chop! Those look soooo good!!!

Comment

A simple sure fire way to make them and nobody knows you haven't grilled them the whole time!

Boil them for about 30 minutes-45 depending on size until done. Slap them on the grill slather your favorite BBQ sauce on, let them char up to however you want them on both sides and then........ wallah they are done!!
                    Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

Oh Chop........they look wonderful!!!! I would think that they would keep some moisture doing them that way!!! I do prebake my chicken b/f grilling and it always turns out great.

Comment

Working...
                      X