grilling ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grilling ideas

Hi All! I just got a new grill and am a novice! I was wondering if you all would take the time to share you favorite grilling recipe ideas?? (keep in mind I am a novice so I am also unfamilar with cook times etc) Thanks in advance to anyone who responds!

Re: grilling ideas

One of my favorite things on the grill is hot wings. This is not really a recipe, but more a technique.. You just get a bunch of chicken wings and put them in a plastic ziplock bag, dump in a bottle (or 2? Depends how many wings you have) of Franks Hot Sauce and let marinate in fridge overnight. Then grill until done, about an hour. Delicious!

Comment

Do you have a gas grill or charcoal? Alot of how you cook depends on that.

You can put potatoes or veggies in a foil pack & put some butter or olive oil and seasonings on them. Grill for about 20 minutes depending on how big your veggies are cut.

For brats, we like to soak them in beer then grill till they are browned & we like to have a little crispy on them.

Comment

We prefer the old American stand-by, hotdogs and burgers! We also take long skewers and thread whole mushroom, cut up bell pepper, white onions, and chunks of tomatoes to bbq.

We have also bbq'd chicken - wings and thighs - with great luck, as well as steak and chicken cutlets.

Your grill should have come with a handbook with suggested times. Or get a grill cookbook from the library. It's trial and error as to what you like.
        I don't want buns of steel. I want buns of cinnamon !!!

Comment

Go to bbqcentral.com ............... Read, learn and ask questions.

Comment

I found this recipe years ago and it is so good!!!! Also good on chicken. I use boneless chops and the longer they marinade, the better -- throw into a Ziploc..........put in frig!!! Watch chops as they grill, depending on thickness!!!! Dont overcook......we like a thicker boneless chop.

My Grilled Lemon Herb Pork Chops

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
            1/4 cup lemon juice
            2 tablespoons vegetable oil
            4 cloves garlic, minced
            1 teaspoon salt
            1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
            1/4 teaspoon pepper
            6 (4 ounce) boneless pork loin chops
            Add to Recipe Box
            My folders:

Add to Shopping List
            Add a Personal Note

DIRECTIONS
            In a large resealable bag, combine lemon juice, oil, garlic, salt, oregano, and pepper. Place chops in bag, seal, and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight. Turn bag frequently to distribute marinade.
            Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat. Remove chops from bag, and transfer remaining marinade to a saucepan. Bring marinade to a boil, remove from heat, and set aside.
            Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill pork chops for 5 to 7 minutes per side, basting frequently with boiled marinade, until done.

Comment

try www.kingsford.com they have grilling tips and recipes on there
              www.freewebs.com/auntanniescakes

I am one of 57 million (who did not vote for BO)

Comment

Working...
              X