Mexican Wedding Cookies W/O Nuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mexican Wedding Cookies W/O Nuts

DD wants Mexican Wedding Cookies for her birthday but doesn't want nuts. Is there such a recipe?

Re: Mexican Wedding Cookies W/O Nuts

I found this:

MEXICAN WEDDING COOKIES
    Printed from COOKS.COM

1 c. butter, softened
    Confectionery sugar
    1 tsp. vanilla
    1/4 tsp. salt
    2 c. flour

Cream butter with 1/2 cup sugar, vanilla and salt until fluffy. Stir in flour until well blended. Chill 30 minutes or until well blended. Chill 30 minutes or until firm enough to handle. Form small balls. Bake 1" apart on ungreased cookie sheet 12 to 15 minutes in 375 degree oven. Sprinkle with sugar while warm.
    The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Comment

Sounds very rich and good! Kind of like a shortbread . Yummy! Thanks for sharing!
      Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

I wonder how these would be if you added a cup of Heath Butter Brickle pieces in place of nuts? Sounds good to me!

Comment

Hey Cottun--that's a thought. We all love the heath pieces. I have a heath brownie recipe that I have been making for years. I will post later in tried and true. They are my kids favorites and a big hit with my family.

Comment

Thanks Floridagirly-- I will print that out! I would love to make with nuts and I thought DD would like as well. But, what do I know.

Comment

Is it just walnuts?

I have also made these with almonds and almond extract and they taste wondeful!

Comment

Working...
              X