Lump free mashpotatoes???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lump free mashpotatoes???

I have tried everything and I always get a few lumps in the potatoes. KFC has the best mashed potatoes I every tasted. There must be a way to get my potatoes as smooth as they do. Any ideas?

Re: Lump free mashpotatoes???

hand held electric mixer, I use the beaters

Comment

love my ricer! Laura

Comment

I use the highest setting on my mixer to whip them...no lumps and all, light and fluffy. Also, I use only heated milk, not cold milk, I think that helps too.

Found this on Jaime at Home:
        To make the best lump free mashed potatoes, when boiled and fully drained, then mash thoroughly before adding butter, cream or milk. If you add butter or milk first you will not get all of the lumps out.
        Last edited by floridagirly68; 08-07-2008, 06:41 AM.
        The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Comment

I always figure that if there was no lumps, people would think they were instant potatoes.

Comment

Well, it is a good idea to cook the potatoes first. LOL! Love you all! Have a great day!!!
            Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

[QUOTE=lampladies;264682]love my ricer! Laura[/QUOTE]

Best way to make them for sure!!!!

Comment

I used the mixer 1 time, & my kids all complained because they didn't have lumps!! Kids!

Comment

I use my ricer or my mixer for lump free mashed taters.

Comment

Hand held mixer---no lumps!
                    Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

Gasp, I always thought if you used a mixer, the spuds would get gluey or too starchy. Can anyone speak to this? TIA, Laura

Comment

[QUOTE=wellsms;264686]I always figure that if there was no lumps, people would think they were instant potatoes.[/QUOTE]

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it!!!! I LOVE the lumps.

KFC probably uses a mix.

And yes, lampladies, I've tried them in my mixer and they were very sticky and gross.
                        A man of words and not of deeds, is like a garden full of weeds.

Comment

[QUOTE=wellsms;264686]I always figure that if there was no lumps, people would think they were instant potatoes.[/QUOTE]

Exactly! I kinda like the lumps! I just use a masher so they're not smooth.

Comment

Sometimes I mash them by hand too for the texture (with the skins on)! Yum!

Comment

[QUOTE=Bean;264753]Sometimes I mash them by hand too for the texture (with the skins on)! Yum![/QUOTE]

OH YEAH, ALWAYS LEAVE THE SKIN ON!!! UNLESS THE SKIN IN TOO BLEMISHED OF COURSE!

Comment

Working...
                              X