No announcement yet.

How do you cook your spaghetti squash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you cook your spaghetti squash?

Someone gave me some & I don't remember how to cook it. I use to bake it in the microwave but don't remember for how long & the technique.
    TIA

Re: How do you cook your spaghetti squash?

I put about 3 slits in it with a knife all on different sides and microwave for 3 minutes, turn and go for another 3, turn and go for another 3( depending on the size, you want it to feel soft). Let cool for a few minutes . Then I cut it in half and scrape out the insides ( take out the seeds first) and mix with what ever sauce I am planning so it can infuse with the flavors. If you are low carbing this is great to use instead of rice. I make stir fry with it all the time. Spaghetti squash is low in calories and it takes more calories to digest it than it has in it.

Comment

I cut mine in half lenghthwise, put them on a cookie sheet, pour water in sheet to come part way up squash, back 350-375, you can poke a fork in them when done. Then I take them off cooking sheet. Can use in replacement for spaghetti noodles. I've made mine into a fritata, sautee'd onions, mushrooms, whatever veggies you like with your squash, pour in beaten eggs and bake until done.

Or just sauteed them with veggies.

Comment

bump for ally4532

Comment

Thank you for bumping.

Comment

We halve it, scrape the seeds and nuke it. We usually have ours with stir fried veggies and a peanut sauce. YUM

Comment

Working...
            X