Butter Buns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Butter Buns

Hi Everyone.........I just love this site. It has so many and great recipes. I'm looking for a recipe for butter buns and as you can guess, butter (my bad) is the chief ingredient. A local bakery many years ago made these and I just loved them. There is no yeast in this recipe. Many thanks if anyone can help.

Re: Butter Buns

I had this posted in RTT. Could this be what you are looking for?
    BUTTER-DIPPED BISCUIT SQUARES
    submitted by Rebekah DeWitt, Star City, Arkansas

These are the easiest and best biscuits I've ever made. They are light and buttery and go well with virtually any meal (writes Rebekah).

2 cups self-rising flour*
    2 T. sugar
    1 cup milk
    1/2 cup butter (no substitutes), melted
    All-purpose flour

In a bowl, combine the self-rising flour, sugar and milk; mix well. Turn onto a floured surface; sprinkle with all-purpose flour. Pat dough to 1/2 inch thickness. With a sharp knife dipped in flour, cut into 3 inch by 2 inch pieces. Pour butter into an ungreased 13x9x2 baking pan. Dip one side of each piece into melted butter. Carefully turn to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 450 for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 15 biscuits.
    Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

Re: Butter Buns

Thank you nommie for this recipe. I will try and make a batch this week and let you know how it turns out.

Comment

Working...
      X