stove top stuffing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stove top stuffing?

I do not buy this stuff. I bought it once maybe 20years ago and it was horrible. I really can't remember what it is like. What could I use as a sub. for it? I know probably dried out bread cubes but not sure what the seasoning packets are like? Any suggestions would be appriciated. Thanks

Re: stove top stuffing?

Found this for you! There are tons out there, but this looked the best to me.

Homemade Stove Top Stuffing

Ingredients

6 cups dried Bread Cubes
    1 TBS Parsley Flakes
    3 TBS powdered Chicken Bouillon
    1/4 cup dried Minced Onion
    1/2 cup dried Minced Celery
    1 tsp Thyme
    1 tsp Pepper
    1/2 tsp Sage
    1/3 tsp Salt

Directions:

Mix all ingredients together well until evenly mixed. Store in an airtight container to store in pantry or seal in ziploc baggies and freeze.
    To Cook:

Bring to a boil 1/2 cup water and 2 TBS butter. Stir in 2 cups of stuffing mix, cover and remove from heat. Sit for approximately 15 minutes (or until stuffing is soft) before serving.
    Alternate:

Do not add Minced Celery or Minced Onion to the mix before storing. Prepare stuffing as directed above, then mix in freshly sauted onion & celery to the cooked stuffing before serving.

Comment

Chicken Flavored Stuffing like Stove Top

Serves: 4
      Prep. Time: 0:20

1 sm. onion - minced
      1 stalk celery - minced
      1 Tbls. butter OR margarine
      1 Tbsp. parsley flakes
      1/2 tsp. black pepper
      1/2 tsp. salt
      1/2 tsp. dried sage
      1/2 tsp. dried thyme
      1 cup chicken broth Click here for the recipe!
      1/4 cup butter OR margarine
      2 cups plain dry bread crumbs

-In a saucepan, sauté onion and celery in butter until tender.
      -Stir in remaining ingredients, except bread crumbs, and simmer for 5 minutes.
      -Add bread crumbs, cover, turn off heat, and allow to sit for 8-10 minutes.
      The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Comment

I do not care for the stove top - prefer the prepridge farm brand (blue bag). I then make some cornbread to add to it along with all the other fixin's - celery, onion, eggs etc. and use chicken stock for my liquid.

Comment

Wow.. this is great to know!! Can't stand Stove Top and it seems most of the recipes in the Kraft magazine use it. Plus, I can't use the Pepperidge Farm packages anymore either... but CAN use cubes of my own bread, dried and seasoned! I'm glad to have measurements!!

Thanks!!
          "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Thanks sooooo much. I ask for the same reason as luvs. When I see stove top I just go to the next recipe. Now thanks to you all I can give some new dishes a try.
            Thanks again

Comment

Thanks for these recipes! I use Stove Top occasionally, but really don't like it at all.

Comment

Working...
              X