Mock Crab Appetizers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mock Crab Appetizers

A lady I work with told me she had a friend who used to to do a ton of catering/entertaining because her DH was some corporate big wig. Anyway, this lady apparently would make these mock crab appetizers that would taste like crab but made out of Stove Top Stuffing with no crab or mock crab in it. Have any of you heard of such a thing? I have researched high and low on the internet to no avail. Just thought I'd ask here now. Kind of sounds like one of those recipes like how you can make "mock apple pie" out of Ritz crackers.
    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Re: Mock Crab Appetizers

Here is what I found:

Mock Crab Cakes

2 c. zucchini, grated
    1 small onion, grated
    1 c. bread crumbs
    1 tsp OLD BAY seasoning
    1 egg, beaten
    1 Tbls mayonnaise

Combine all ingredients. Form into patties, and fry in a small amount of shortening or butter for 3 minutes per side. Easy. Delicious!

Comment

I have made these and they do not taste like crab.
      Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

It isn't a recipe I would have tried but it filled most of the description.

Here is a recipe I can vouch for. It is great hot or cold. I love it hot with Bugles.

Gala Crabmeat Dip

1 lb. crab meat (real/fake)
        2-8oz. pkgs. cream cheese
        2 cloves garlic crushed
        1/2 cup mayonaisse
        2 tsp. mustard (your choice)
        1/4 cup white wine

Mix well and serve.

If I'm serving this as an appetizer I heat it in the microwave and serve it with various crackers (Bugles is my fave).

Or, you can put this as a filling into wonton wrappers or use filo pastry and bake/fry.

So easy, so versatile and so good.

Comment

Thanks everyone!!!!

I will surely give these recipes a try. And in the meantime, I'm going to ask my co-worker again about what exactly she was remembers about her friend's recipe because I am just wondering if she didn't mean "crab cakes"???
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

Working...
          X