Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Betty Crocker Cabbage Rolls

Hello!
    I am looking for a stuffed cabbage rolls recipe that is in the Betty Crocker cookbook. Mine is still packed away after moving. It uses instant rice. Maybe someone knows it or has the cookbook. It would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!
    Lisa

Re: Betty Crocker Cabbage Rolls

I googled Betty Crocker Cabbage Rolls and got the following recipe

Cabbage Rolls

Cabbage leaves will separate easily if you first remove the core from the head of cabbage and let the cabbage stand in cold water for 10 minutes.

12 cabbage leaves
    1 pound lean ground beef
    1/2 cup uncooked instant rice
    1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon pepper
    1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
    1 clove garlic, finely chopped
    1 (4-ounce) can mushrooms pieces and stems; undrained
    1 teaspoon sugar
    1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
    1 tablespoon cornstarch
    1 tablespoon water

1. Cover cabbage leaves with boiling water. Cover and let stand about 10 minutes or until leaves are limp. Remove leaves; drain.

2. Heat oven to 350.

3. Mix beef, rice, 1/2 cup of the tomato sauce, the salt, pepper, onion, garlic and mushrooms.

4. Place about 1/3 cup beef mixture at stem end of each leaf. Roll leaf around beef mixture, tucking in sides. Place cabbage rolls, seam sides down, in ungreased square baking dish, 8 X 8 X 2 inches.

5. Mix remaining tomato sauce, the sugar and lemon juice; pour over cabbage rolls.

6. Cover and bake about 45 minutes or until beef mixture is no longer pink in center.

7. Remove cabbage rolls to platter. Pour liquid in baking dish into 1-quart saucepan. Mix cornstarch and water; stir into liquid. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Pour sauce over cabbage rolls.

Comment

Re: Betty Crocker Cabbage Rolls

Thanks! That is it...I guess I could have googled it too lol. The book I have is so old I figured it wouldn't be online.
      Lisa

Comment

Working...
      X