No announcement yet.

I'm trying to find this Thai recipe...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm trying to find this Thai recipe...

At the Thai Restaurant I go to it's called Paht Graphrao (or something similar). I've tried looking up a recipe for it on the internet and have had no luck.
    This dish has Chicken (or a meat of your choice), carrots, bamboo, basil leaves, peppers that resemble jalapeno (but are hotter), onions, and it's in a brown sauce. I can tell there is more spice in it that the pepper I'm just not sure what. Does anyone have any ideas? I would love to try making this at home.
    I don't like making plans for the day, because then the word "premeditated" gets thrown around in the courtroom.

Re: I'm trying to find this Thai recipe...

Sorry, try as I might, I couldn't find it either. There was a restaurant in AZ that came up that definitely had it on their menu and the spelling was the same as you had it here. I tried Thai Cuisine recipes, etc. You might just have to ask the place you ate it at and see if they can tell you anything. I did that already and they shared.....if you don't ask you will never know! Good Luck, hope you find it soon!
    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

Phat Kaphrao (meat fried with sweet basils)
      Information from: "Thailand the Beautiful Cookbook".

This is a quick and easy dish which is a favorite of the people of downtown Bangkok. Sometimes it is served over rice with a fried egg.

Gai Pad Bai Ga-Prow (Spicy Chicken with Basil)

Ingredients:

6 garlic cloves (kratiem), minced
      4 shallots, minced
      12 mixed green and red jarapeno peppers (prik chee fa and prik chee fa daeng), sliced
      1 teaspoon canned green peppercorns
      1 tablespoon oil
      1 lb (500 g) ground/minced chicken
      1/4 cup (2 fl oz/60 ml) fish sauce (nam pla)
      2 tablespoons sugar
      1 cup hot basil leaves (bai ga-prow)

How to cook:

1. Place the garlic, shallots,peppers and peppercorns in a mortar and mash with a paste until a paste is formed.

2. Heat a large sauté pan to medium-high heat and add the oil. Add the garlic paste and stir for 1 minute, then add the ground chicken, fish sauce and sugar. Continue to cook until the sauce is reduced. Toss in the Basil leaves.

3. As a luncheon dish, serve over rice with a fried egg.

4. As a dinner dish, serve separately with rice and with an accompaniment such as hot and sour shrimp soup (Tom Yam Goong)

SERVES 4

Phat Kaphrao (Meat or Seafood Fried with Sweet Basils)
      Source: Thaiways

Phat Kaphrao
      Ranking fourth among the ten Thai dishes ordered most frequently by foreigners, Phat Kaphrao can have any kind of meat as its main ingredient. But the Thais populary choose pork or chicken.

The recipe to be presented to you is shrimps fried with sweet basils. You can substitute another type of meat for shrimps as you like.

Ingredients
      • 1 cup of shelled shrimps
      • 3 shallots thinly sliced
      • 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
      • 1-3 small chillies, thinly sliced
      • A handful of basil leaves
      • 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
      • 2 tablespoons of fish sauce
      • 4 tablespoons of hot water
      • Half a lime, squeezed
      • 1 teaspoon of sugar
      • Salt and pepper

How to cook
      1. Heat the oil in a frying-pan.
      2. Stir-fry the shallots and garlics.
      3. Add the chillies, fish sauce and shrimps. Stir for 2 minutes before pouring the hot water, cover and simmer for a few minutes.
      4. Uncover the pan and season with lime juice and sugar.
      5. Stir another 30 seconds before adding the basil leaves.
      6. Flavour with salt and pepper.
      7. Remove from heat and ready to be served with boiled rice.

Deweydecimal
      Live Laugh Love

Comment

I have bumped up some really good Asian recipes for you! Good Luck finding your recipe. There are a bunch of good ones in that thread of Asian Recipes...
        PS I love how you did your signature...just precious...
        Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Working...
        X