Custard Filled Pumpkin Muffins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custard Filled Pumpkin Muffins

Anyone have a recipe for custard-filled pumpkin muffins? I only seem to be able to find cream-cheese filled, and this isn't what I'm looking for. A local bakery used to sell them but stopped. The custard may have been pumpkin/ginger flavored.

Re: Custard Filled Pumpkin Muffins

If found a ginger cream filled pumpkin muffin ???

http://chockylit.blogspot.com/2005/10/ginger-cream-filled-pumpkin-cupcakes.html
    The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Comment

Cream-Filled Pumpkin Cupcakes
      Source: Country Woman

Here's a deliciously different use for pumpkin. Bursting with flavor and plenty of eye-catching appeal, these sweet and spicy filled cupcakes are bound to dazzle your family any time of the year.

SERVINGS: 21

TIME: Prep: 35 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling

Ingredients:

* 2 cups sugar
      * 3/4 cup vegetable oil
      * 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
      * 4 eggs
      * 2 cups all-purpose flour
      * 2 teaspoons baking soda
      * 1 teaspoon salt
      * 1 teaspoon baking powder
      * 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
      * FILLING:
      * 1 tablespoon cornstarch
      * 1 cup milk
      * 1/2 cup shortening
      * 1/4 cup butter, softened
      * 2 cups confectioners' sugar
      * 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional

Directions:
      In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, oil, pumpkin and eggs. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder and cinnamon; add to pumpkin mixture and beat until well mixed.
      Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
      For filling, combine cornstarch and milk in a small saucepan until smooth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature.
      In a large mixing bowl, cream shortening, butter and confectioners' sugar. Beat in vanilla if desired. Gradually add the cornstarch mixture, beating until light and fluffy.
      Using a sharp knife, cut a 1-in. circle 1 in. deep in the top of each cupcake. Carefully remove tops and set aside. Spoon or pipe filling into cupcakes. Replace tops.

Yield: about 1-3/4 dozen.

Deweydecimal
      deweydecimal
      Last edited by deweydecimal; 09-28-2008, 03:30 PM.
      Live Laugh Love

Comment

Deweydecimal, thank you, it sounds like a winner! I had found the pumpkin cupcake but it wasn't exactly what I was looking for.

Comment

Cool idea. Could use any cupcake or muffin with any filling possibly.

"Using a sharp knife, cut a 1-in. circle 1 in. deep in the top of each cupcake." My apple corer cuts a 3/4 inch circle. Hmmmmm...got me thinking... always a dangerous thing!
          Mary Ann in Wisconsin
          "A man will be imprisoned in a room with a door that is unlocked and opens inwards as long as it does not occur to him to pull rather than push.

Ludwig Wittgenstein

Comment

Deweydecimal, thank you, it sounds like a winner! I had found the pumpkin cupcake but it wasn't exactly what I was looking for.

Comment

Working...
            X