Chocolate Ganache

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocolate Ganache

I have a very simple recipe for ganache that calls for semi-sweet chocolate chips, butter, and heavy cream. It's delicious. The problem is, sometimes I want to make it at the spur of the moment and I don't have the heavy cream on hand. Does anyone have a recipe for ganache made with the chocolate chips but using perhaps evaporated milk like Carnation or even Sweetened Condensed Milk such as Eagle Brand? I always have those products on hand.
    Thanks so much!
    May

Re: Chocolate Ganache

Condensed Milk Ganache

1/2 can condensed milk
    1/4 cup corn oil
    1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Valrhona)
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    pinch of salt

Combine sifted cocoa powder, condensed milk and oil. Stir over low heat to thicken. Stir all the time. Add salt and vanilla extract.

Comment

Wow! This looks easy! Do you think Hershey's Cocoa would work OK, Rubelishous? Do I bring the mixture to a boil when I heat it? Having never made it, I'm not sure how thick it should get. What do you do? And thank you for taking the time to post this for me. I really appreciate it.
      May

Comment

Sorry Maybell - I've never made this one. If you do make it yourself, let us know how it works out.

As for the cocoa - the website I got it from stated that the originator of the recipe preferred that particular brand of cocoa so I imagine any would work.

Enjoy - and welcome to CK

Comment

Working...
        X