ISO: Cranberry Orange Trifle Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISO: Cranberry Orange Trifle Recipe

Recently, I tried a cranberry orange trifle. It was creamy (perhaps vanilla pudding but it seemed more like Cool Whip) and it had jellied cranberry sauce in it (not whole cranberries) and mandarin oranges I believe.

I did a search here on the board and couldn't find anything nor on the internet. Anyone out there have such a recipe? It was really good and I was thinking of trying it out for Thanksgiving if I came upon the recipe. I also know the cake used in it was either yellow cake or pound cake. I'd ask the person who made it, but I won't be seeing them ever again most likely (they were in my dog obedience training class and I don't even know their name). Thanks in advance to anyone who has such a recipe. :-)
    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Re: ISO: Cranberry Orange Trifle Recipe

I went through my 'collection' of cranberry recipes, and this is the closest I have. I'm sure it go be put in a trifle bowl with the addition of mandarin oranges. Perhaps someone else will have the "real" recipe.

Orange Cranberry Trifle

Prep: 20 mins - Refrigerate 2 - 24 hrs

1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
    1/2 cup sugar
    1 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
    1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Orange Extract, divided
    2 cups thawed nondairy whipped topping
    1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
    1 (10 - 12 ounces) small loaf pound cake, thinly sliced
    1/2 cup milk
    1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
    Garnish: Sliced almonds, Ground Cinnamon

1. In large bowl, mix cream cheese, sugar, cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon orange extract with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Gently stir in whipped topping and cranberry sauce. Set aside.

2. Arrange one-third cake slices on bottom of 8-inch square dish. Combine milk, vanilla and 1/2 tsp. orange extract. Drizzle approximately 2 tablespoons of milk mixture over cake slices. Then spread one-third of cream cheese mixture over cake slices.

3. Repeat for second and third layers using remaining cake slices, milk and cream cheese mixtures. Sprinkle with sliced almonds and cinnamon. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 or up to 24 hours before serving.

Makes 8 servings

Nutritional Info Per one serving: About 440 Calories, Fat 22g, Protein 0g, Carbohydrate 53g, Cholesterol 79mg, Sodium 266mg

This recipe created by McCormick, Inc.

Comment

Great, Mew, thanks! This looks like it could work for me! I might do a "trial run" with your recipe soon here so that by Thanksgiving, I will know exactly what I want to do with it (leave it alone or "tweek" it)

I certainly appreciate your time and effort with looking in your "collection" for me!

~Kathy~
      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

You're very welcome. I LOVE cranberries.

Comment

Krubinic, did you ever do a trial run of it?
          Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

No, Nommie, not yet. Ended up having a lot to do recently and haven't even been on CK all that much lately.........hoping things will settle down a tad here long enough for me to try it!!! Will let you know when I do!!!! Thanks for asking!!!

Comment

I just realized you wanted Cranberry and this is Raspberry!

This is from a Good Housekeeping Cookbook of the year 1991

Raspberry-Orange Trifle

1/3 cup orange-flavor liqueur
              1/4 cup orange juice
              1 10 3/4 to 12-ounce frozen ready to serve pound cake,thawed
              2 12-ounce jars seedless raspberry jam
              3 cups heavy or whipping cream
              2 packages vanilla-flavor instant pudding and pie filling for 4 servings
              2 cups milk
              1/2 tsp. orange-flavor extract
              1 large orange
              4 1-ounce squares semisweet chocolate
              Cranberries and lemon leaves for garnish

In 1-cup measure,combine orange-flavor liqueur and orange juice.With serrated knife,cut pound cake horizontally into 3 layers.

Brush cut sides and top of pound cake generously with orange-liqueur mixture.

In medium bowl,with fork or wire whisk,stir raspberry jam until smooth.Spread bottom layer of pound cake with 1/4 raspberry jam,top with middle layer.Spread 1/4 cup raspberry jam over middle layer.

Replace top of pound cake.Slice layered pound cake crosswise into 1/2-inch thick slices.

In large bowl,with mixer at medium speed,beat heavy or whipping cream until stiff peaks form.

In another large bowl,prepare vanilla-flavor pudding and pie filling as label directs,but use only 2 cups milk and add orange extract.Grate peel from orange,add to pudding mixture.With wire whisk or rubber spatula,fold whipped cream into pudding mixture.

In heavy 1-quart saucepan over low heat,heat chocolate,stirring frequently,until melted and smooth, remove saucepan from heat.

In a 4-quart glass gowl,place 2 cups pudding mixture.Spread with half remaining raspberry jam,then 1 cup pudding mixture.Drizzle with half the melted chocolate.

Arrange some layered pound cake slices around side of bowl.

Cut remaining pound cake slices into chunks and layer in bowl,drizzle with remaining chocolate.

Spread enough pudding mixture to cover cahe (2 to 3 cups).Spoon remaining raspberry jam around edge of bowl.

Spoon remaining pudding mixture into decorating bag with large star tube.Pipe pudding,inside ring of raspberry jam,to make a pretty design.Cover bowl and refrigerate.

Garnish with orange sections,cranberries,and lemon leaves.
              Last edited by nommie; 11-04-2008, 11:29 AM.
              Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

Mew, the recipe you gave me ended up being the same one I was searching for after all! I ran into the person who initially made it (didn't think I ever would!) and she provided me with a copy of the recipe. Here it turns out yours was "the real" one after all!!! Now, all I have to do is find the time to make a "trial run" before the holidays!!!

Thanks, however, to anyone and everyone who tried to help me out!!!!

~Kathy~

Comment

Now there's a happy coincidence.

Comment

Working...
                  X