Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cookies & Bars..looking 4 easy

Hi....
    I'm looking for recipes for easy cookies or bars to make for Christmas. I would like something easy with not a lot of ing., also, maybe something to make ahead and freeze. I'm up for any recipes.

Thanks,

Sugarcookie :')

Re: Cookies & Bars..looking 4 easy

Have you used "search" to see what you pull up. I know there are some in baked goods, etc in archives. Also, cake balls have been discussed and those sound great. Seasonal recipes may have some. Just search the site.
    Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

These are SO easy!

These are great for the holiday cookie trays. A hit with everyone.

It is better to chill after they cool, they set up nicer and easier to cut.

Seven Layer Magic Bars

1/2 cup butter
      1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
      1 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
      1 cup butterscotch flavored chips
      1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
      1 1/3 cups flaked coconut (I use 1 cup)
      1 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350°, (325° for glass dish). Line a 13x9-inch baking pan with a sheet of foil, making sure to cover the sites well. Place the butter in the baking pan and melt it in the oven. Sprinkle crumbs over butter; pour condensed milk evenly on top of crumbs. Top with remaining ingredients in order listed; press down firmly with fork. Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. Chill if desired. Cut into bars. Store covered at room temperature.

Comment

One more.

This makes a lot!

Fudgy Toffee Bars

Sweet treats always go over well in my family, especially during the holidays. We think these rich bars-dotted with walnuts, toffee bits, chocolate chips and coconut-are better than candy! They're nice to share with a group since one pan goes a long way.

1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
        3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
        1/4 cup baking cocoa
        3/4 cup cold butter
        1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
        2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
        1 teaspoon vanilla extract
        1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
        1/2 cup flaked coconut
        1/2 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips

In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar and cocoa. Cut in butter until mixture
        resembles coarse crumbs. Press firmly into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in.
        baking pan.

Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.

Meanwhile, in a saucepan, heat milk and 1 cup chocolate chips over medium heat
        until chocolate is melted, stirring until smooth. Remove from the heat. Stir in
        vanilla. Pour filling over crust. Sprinkle with the
        walnuts, coconut, toffee bits and remaining chocolate chips; press down firmly.
        Bake for 18-20 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.

Yield: 3 dozen.

Source – Taste of Home

My Pic -

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b202/sltrax/Fudgybars.jpg

Comment

Search for poke cakes - they are easy and freeze beautifully. Check out Eagle Brand for bar/square recipes

http://www.eaglebrand.com/results.asp

Also, here are some of my favorites to make and they freeze well too.

Butter Tart Slices

½ C butter or margarine
          2 Tbsp icing sugar
          1½ C All purpose flour
          1½ C brown sugar, lightly packed
          ¼ C melted butter or margarine
          3 eggs
          1 Tbsp vinegar
          1 Tsp. Vanilla
          1 C Raisins or currents or nuts or both or neither
          Optional:
          1 C rolled oats - to make oat squares (nothing else about the recipe changes - just add the oats)

Cream ½ C butter and icing sugar. Blend in flour. Pat into a 9 x 9 pan. Bake for 5 minutes

Combine remaining ingredients. Pour over base.

Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes or until set. Cut into squares or fingers.

Alternatively, you can double the recipe and put it into an oblong pan. The base is thicker and more like shortbread.

Magic Cookie Bars

1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
          1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
          1 (14-ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
          2 cups (12 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
          1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
          1 cup chopped nuts

Preheat oven to 350°F (325°F for glass dish). In small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and butter; mix well. Press crumb mixture firmly on bottom of 13X9-inch baking pan.

Pour EAGLE BRAND® evenly over crumb mixture. Layer evenly with remaining ingredients; press down firmly with fork.

Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. Cut into bars or diamonds. Store leftovers covered at room temperature.

Comment

Working...
          X