looking for cookie receipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for cookie receipe

I just had the most delicious cookie I've ever eaten in a coffee shop and they wouldn't share the recipe. It had the texture of a large oatmeal cookie, but had crasins, white choc. coconut, and choc. chips in it. Does any one have any idea what it is? Thanks.

Re: looking for cookie receipe

First of all a BIG Welcome to you and your's from Copykats! You have found your new home for friendly banter, recipe trades and other vital info!!!
    But, could that recipe be just that??? An oatmeal cookie with all the mentioned ingredients?I've had them in New York, and were to die for! If you strike out and try to copy the recipe, remember to get real white chocolate, and not the coveture (spelling) [email protected] that is pawned off as chocolate. That bakes a huge difference in baking the cookie. Best of luck, Laura

Comment

Re: looking for cookie receipe

I have made these twice, excellent both times!

moo
      Posted March 29, 2006 08:12 AM

This recipe is 100+ years old. I can't tell you how many batches of this cookie have been made. My great g'ma always added ground raisins, because that is what she could afford. My family loves it with milk chocolate chips. I also love it with white chocolate chips, chopped macadamia nuts and craisins. I recommend using only unsalted butter, make a day ahead so dough can be refrigerated.

Grandma Scott's Oatmeal Cookies

1 c.white sugar
      1 c. brown sugar
      2 tsp. vanilla
      2 large eggs
      1 cup unsalted butter, softened (no substitutions)
      1/2 tsp. kosher salt-me (1/4 tsp. table salt-her)
      2 cups flour
      1 tsp. soda
      3 cups oatmeal (all she used was regular cook!)
      1 cup ground raisins -OR- 1 pkg. choc. chips

New favorite of mine:
      1 cup white chocolate chips
      1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
      1 cup craisins

Preheat oven to 350F.
      Cream sugars and butter, add eggs one at a time, then vanilla. In a small bowl, mis flour, salt and soda, add to the dry ingredients. Mix. Add the oatmeal. Mix. The add the choc. chips or raisins. At this point, refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours until butter becomes solid again. I usually mix the day before and bake the next day. Drop by teaspoonsful on a greased cookie sheet. (I use a cookie scoop and bake on my silpat!) Bake for 8-10 minutes. do not overbake. Store in an airtight container. Theese freeze well.

I often make a double or triple batch, and make dough balls with my cookie scoop, which I freeze. Then I remove from the cookie sheet that I froze them on and place in a ziploc bag. When I am ready to bake, just place on a cookie sheet as described above, baking just a minute or two longer.

I hope I have explained this to you well!

Comment

Working...
      X