Please Major Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Major Help

I am currently taking chemo treatments. I am at a point where I am having a hard time eating anything that I have to chew. I am doing ensure now, shakes, some soups. I need some ideas on how to make or fix things especially for protein. Any help will be greatly appreciated..I don't know what direction to go. Thank You

Re: Please Major Help

You may need to talk to a dietician. I am sure your oncologist or his office staff could direct you to one.

Comment

Hi long time no see, so sorry you are going thru chemo and sick as you are ((((((((((HUGS)))))))))) I think you might want to stick with the Ensure also you can get powdered protein to add to shakes, broths etc...I will try to find recipes for you.

Take good care.

Comment

Hi..thank you for the hugs..really helps. Yes, talking to a dietition would be very helpful..thought maybe I could do some of this on my own. I think this is going to be a long haul. Need all the input anyone may be able to give. Thanks a bunch!!!!

Comment

No input on the diet, just a (((hug))), and hope you find some things that will make this time more comfortable for you. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Editing to add, here's a thread on smoothies, might be some help.

http://copykatchat.com/showthread.php?t=6903&highlight=smoothies
          Last edited by luv2bake; 11-15-2008, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Love All Recipes...you are very brave doing chemo. My sister just completed chemo last week. Regarding soft foods with lots of protein...my first thoughts are egg dishes and various soft dairy products. There are so many ways to 'dress' these up. God Bless.
            Mary Ann in Wisconsin
            "A man will be imprisoned in a room with a door that is unlocked and opens inwards as long as it does not occur to him to pull rather than push.

Ludwig Wittgenstein

Comment

Maybe egg drop soup also. chicken broth would have some protein, then the egg adds more. I made a bunch of it for a frient of mine after she had bariatric surgery and needed high protein foods.

The doc I work for tells people that need more protein to add a raw egg to ensure, Carnation Instant Breakfast drink, or something like that.
              "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Just a thought but a medical library with a consumer health library might help. How about calling a local or large cancer library. Do you have one in your area? The librarians there are trained to help find things like this too.

Just a thought.

Deweydecimal
                Live Laugh Love

Comment

Hi..Egg Drop Soup sounds good..also never thought about the instant breakfast..I guess when you do alot of homemade cooking...you arn't aware of the fast products that are out there. Thank you so much..now I will try and find a egg drop recipe on here.

Comment

Love, hang in there. Is there a support group you could go to? Here we have The Wellness Community. There are branches in other states. Don't know where you live. You could call the hospital and ask. I had radiation, but most of the women have had chemo. Some have become best friends because they went through it together. So many side effects that other folks just don't get. Also, others who have been through chemo can help with diet and comfort measures. Also, it really helps if you can set something up that is fun to do when the chemo is over. A trip, a visit to a friend, etc. iSort of the light at the end of the tunnel. A treat for yourself.

Comment

((((((loves all recipes)))))) I can't right off the bat think of anything that wasn't mentioned but will be on the lookout for you. Lots of good suggestions here. God bless you dear...hope you're through this soon.
                      (((((hugs))))) and blessings to LV, too.

Comment

((((((loves all recipes)))))
                        Sorry to hear that you are going through a rough time.
                        Hang tight and know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.
                        I would have suggested the adding the raw egg to your Ensure, but it has been suggested. get well soon!!!
                        Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Hi..Yes..I am hanging in there. As are alot of others. I am just stuck with this eating thing. I do have alot of support. I am in between chemo's now. We are taking a trip to Ohio..Thanksgiving weekend..if I am able to. Then in March...before I start radation we will meet my sister and husband in Myrtle Beach. My husband and daughter are such a help. Thank you soo much. Love ALl Recipes

Comment

LVRebel, hope things get better for you, too. ((hugs))

Comment

Loves....great big hug from someone whose Mom has kidney failure. She has to eat lots of protein also...there's two products that help her a lot and they're both easy on the stomach. Ask your doctor for prescriptions to Nepro, a dietary protein supplement (drink) and Pro-Stat 61, which is an add-in protein supplement that can be added to all sorts of stuff. 2 Tbsps gives you 19 or 20 mgs extra protein a day. Hope this helps.

Joyce

Comment

Working...
                              X