Veggie Pizza with Crescent Rolls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veggie Pizza with Crescent Rolls

That's my favorite way to have crescent roles. Does anyone have a recipe that's not a TexMex version? My mother-in-law always brought this to my mother's Christmas buffet. Thanks.
    Mary Ann in Wisconsin
    "A man will be imprisoned in a room with a door that is unlocked and opens inwards as long as it does not occur to him to pull rather than push.

Ludwig Wittgenstein

Re: Veggie Pizza with Crescent Rolls

I hope this is what you are looking for. Have had this for years. Was a favorite at my kids class room parties back when I was a room mother.

Vegetable Pizza

1 cup mayonnaise
    8 oz. cream cheese
    1 pkg garlic & herb dressing mix

Mix above ingredients together.

2 tubes crescent rolls. Spread onto large sheet pan. (I use 1 1/2 tubes) Bake and cool.Spread creamed mixture over cooked rools. Sprinkle with chopped vegetables, brocolli, cauliflour, celery, radishes, grated carrots, etc. Chill until firm.

I don't know if the garlic/herb dressing mix is till availible. My DD used ranch dressing mix and said it turned out great.

Comment

Not really sure but I think this is the original Pampered Chef recipe from years ago:

1 pkg crescent rolls
      8 oz pkg cream cheese
      1 1/2 tsp mayo
      1 tbl dillweed
      1 garlic clove, minced
      salt and pepper

toppings: chopped broccoli, mushrooms, tomato, zucchini, green onions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll out dough and pinch seams together. Bake 10-12 minutes. Cool. Combine cream cheese, mayo, dillweed, garlic, s & p and spread on crescent rolls. Top with your choice of veggies.

Comment

Thank you alidoremi and MrsMO!
        I remember the dill weed now. If garlic was involved, it was probably garlic salt that my MIL used. She used broccoli, cauliflower and sliced olives (green stuffed and black both?), maybe the radishes, plus?. She always made it the day before serving and it was good---I think it was just the logistics of getting it done though, so to speak. My SIL likely wouldn't get a recipe to me. at least any time soon.
        Mary Ann in Wisconsin
        "A man will be imprisoned in a room with a door that is unlocked and opens inwards as long as it does not occur to him to pull rather than push.

Ludwig Wittgenstein

Comment

Veggie Pizza

~2 pkg. crescent rolls
          ~2 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese
          ~1 cup mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip)
          ~1 pkg. Hidden Valley dry ranch dressing mix
          ~assorted raw vegetables: carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, onion, peppers, etc.

Spread out crescent rolls in ungreased jelly roll pan, seal seams and bake at 375* for 8 minutes or until golden brown. Cool.
          Mix cream cheese, ranch mix and mayonnaise and spread on cooled crust.
          Sprinkle with chopped vegetables. Refridgerate.
          Cut into squares

Comment

I make mine just like maddison. *Hi* Maddison!!

I add finely shredded cheese on mine also!
            A man of words and not of deeds, is like a garden full of weeds.

Comment

(Bopping my forehead, as in 'I-could-have-had a V8') the shredded cheddar cheese on top! Yes! Thanks to all who are helping recreate my MIL's Veggie Pizza.
              Mary Ann in Wisconsin

Ludwig Wittgenstein

Comment

Working...
              X