Smooth Chocolate Mousse Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smooth Chocolate Mousse Recipe

My friend is having TMJ surgery and I promised her I'd make her homemade chocolate mousse since she can't eat anything but soft smooth things. Does anyone have a really good recipe with no chocolate chunks in it? Thanks!

Re: Smooth Chocolate Mousse Recipe

T&T - Nigella's Instant Chocolate Mousse

I've made this and would make it more often if I remembered to buy mini marshmallows. Now that I live alone they're not something I keep in the house. This is INTENSELY chocolately. In fact, I usually double the heavy cream.

Ingredients

* 3 cups mini marshmallows
    * 1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened
    * 9 ounces best quality semisweet chocolate, chopped into small pieces
    * 1/4 cup hot water from a recently boiled kettle
    * 1 cup heavy cream
    * 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

Put the marshmallows, butter, chocolate and water in a heavy-based saucepan.

Put the saucepan on the stove, over heat, though keep it fairly gentle, to melt, stirring every now and again. Remove from the heat.

Meanwhile whip the cream with the vanilla until thick and then fold into the cooling chocolate mixture until you have a smooth, cohesive mixture.

Pour or scrape into 4 or 6 glasses or small dishes and chill until you want to eat. The sooner the better!

Comment

Thanks Mew! I'll try it this week!

Comment

I made this today! It was easy, super chocolatey, and good!! I'll let you know what my recovering friend thinks of it today! Thanks for the recipe!

Comment

Wow, Mew, I took the mousse over to my friend who is recovering from the TMJ surgery and she LOVED IT!! She ate half of the container before I left...she said it was amazing! Thank you so much for the recipe! My hubby told me if I would have left it here he would have eaten the whole container!!!

Comment

Oh good! Did you double the cream? I have the marshmallows on my grocery list for this week as I've been craving this myself.

Comment

Yes, I doubled the cream and it was still VERY chocolatey and good! Thanks again! I think with a chocolate crust, whipped cream and chocolate shavings on top it would make a fabulous pie!

Comment

Brilliant! I hadn't thought of that. Thanks for the idea.

Comment

Working...
                X