Puppy Chow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puppy Chow

I know it's here somewhere, but I can't find it, and one of the girls here wants the recipe. If I wait to get it from the house, I'll for get it.

Who has one they can give me, or bump the thread if your search is better than mine?

TIA
    Jackie
    "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Re: Puppy Chow

peabodyqp
    Member Join Date: Jun 2006

Re: Child's Birthday Lunch

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a good dessert time item. Kids love it.

Puppy Chow

1 pkg. (12-oz) chocolate chips
    1 stick margarine
    1 cup creamy peanut butter
    1 box Rice Chex
    1 box Powdered Sugar
    1 grocery store paper bag

In microwave, melt pkg chocolate chips, stick margarine, cup peanut butter for 1 minute. Stir, then cook for 20 more seconds. Stir. In a large bowl, pour box Rice Chex. Pour chocolate mixture on top and stir until well coated. Pour box powdered sugar in bottom of paper bag. Dump chex mix on top. Shake and shake until well coated. As you can see I halved the recipe because mixing all once is a pain.

Comment

Thanks Allie, You Da Bomb!!

Comment

Ok Here's Another Question. Only Puppy Chow I've Ever Eaten/made Has Peanut Butter In There.

The Stuff She Is Eating Is Called "trash" Looks Just Like Puppy Chow, But It Doesn't Have Peanut Butter In There And She Is Allergic To Peanuts.

Does Anyone Have A Version To Make Without Peanut Butter? The Ingredients On The Package Says Molasses In It.

Comment

maybe you can find it here, or one that you like better

http://www.chex.com/Recipes/CategoryView.aspx?CategoryId=342

Comment

When I make puppy chow I use crispex cereal but don't have a box now to see about the recipe. I follow the one above with the peanut butter, sorry.

Comment

Traumanurse, I Use Crispix Also. Allie, Thanks For The Site,

Comment

I have used this one before....

Puppy Chow

Ingredients:

1/4 cup Butter
                1 cup Chocolate Chips
                1/2 tsp. Vanilla
                9 cups Crispix cereal
                1-1/2 cups Powdered Sugar

Instructions:

1. Combine butter and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl.

2. Microwave for one minute then stir to blend all ingredients thoroughly. Add 1/2 tsp. vanilla. Stir well.

3. Pour over cereal. Coat with powdered sugar

Comment

Lol!
                  This reminds me of the time I took trail mix to a friends house. She had a Mina Bird.
                  After a bit of partying we wanted some trail mix....lol...you guessed it...we got it mixed up with the bird food...
                  Well, it was hilarious at the time...
                  Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Thanks Mom! Texann, watch out for that tequila!! It'll get you every time!

Comment

'Speclially with them there talkin birds!!!!!! RFLMAO
                      Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

Working...
                      X