Round Steak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round Steak

HI, I'd like to know how you all fix round steak. I usually just chicken fry it. But... we just processed a side of beef and I have a ton of round steak, 3/4" thick. TIA

Re: Round Steak

It will make really good swiss steak. Salt and pepper it, dredge in flour, brown in bacon grease or a mixture of olive oil and butter. Remove meat, into pan add some sliced onion and saute. Remove and make a pan gravy and return onions and meat. Simmer till tender. I usually do it about and hour on a very low simmer.
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

I basically do the same only I add some green pepper, add water, bit of tomato paste or drained canned tomatoes, simmer for a few hours, serve over rice.
      A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

You can use it in a stir fry. I had a recipe once you jullianne some zucchini, carrots and onions and put a small layer of those on the steak, add a chopped hardboiled egg along it also. Season as you want, roll it up, starting on long side, tie up or use tooth picks. Brown it if you want, put it in oven until done, with what ever sauce you want, marinara, beef/mushroom gravy, whatever. YUMMY! Haven't made that in years, thanks for reminding me!!
        "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Pepper steak.

Comment

STEAK FAJITAS

1 round steak
            Pepper
            Garlic salt
            1/4 c. teriyaki sauce
            Meat tenderizer
            1 onion, cut in rings
            1 green pepper, cut
            1 red pepper, sliced
            Thick tortillas

Cut steak in thin pieces. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and meat tenderizer. Pour soy sauce and teriyaki sauce over meat in Tupperware. Put in refrigerator overnight, turning the container over occasionally. Cook in oil until tender for steak fajitas. Fry in oil: onion and peppers until tender for garnish on steak. Garnish with sour cream or yogurt and guacamole or Mexican dip.
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grilled Beef Steak Soft Taco Recipe
            2 pounds beef top round steaks
            1 dozen taco size flour tortillas
            2/3 cup Italian salad dressing

2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
            1tablespoon mild chili powder
            2 cloves garlic, minced
            1/2 teaspoon salt

Suggested taco toppings:
            shredded lettuce
            diced tomatoes
            chopped onion
            dairy sour cream
            guacamole
            cheddar cheese, shredded
            salsa

Grilled Temp: high
            Recipe Cooking Time: 15 to 18 minutes

Beef Steak Soft Taco Directions
            Preheat your grill.

In a large freezer or storage bag, combine the Italian dressing mix, chopped cilantro, chili powder and garlic.
            Shake well to blend.
            Place beef steak into the plastic bag and seal with the marinate.
            Place in the refrigerator and turn occasionally to coat the beef steak for 6 to 8 hours or even overnight.
            After beef steaks are marinated, remove from plastic bag and cook uncovered over hot coals for the allotted time, until medium rare to medium, takes about 15 – 18 minutes.
            Remove beef steaks from grill when desired doneness is reached. Cut steaks into thin strips.
            Season with salt and serve with warmed soft taco tortillas and desired toppings.
            Serve soft tacos along with your favorite beverage.

Recipe Serves: 6 – 8

Thank you for visiting our free recipes web site. This grilled beef steak soft taco recipe is simply delicious
            Last edited by jewels; 02-21-2009, 06:04 PM.

Comment

WOW!! great ideas here. thanks so much

Comment

I would use this for Mongolian Beef. Haven't I posted that recipe before?...............

Comment

the steak fajita's look great and I love mongolian beef - if your find the receipe .... let me know.

I usually dread in flour s & P, brown in oil of butter - then place inf crock pot. Add some sliced onions. Mix cream of mushroom soup, and pkg of dry onion soup mix. Let cook on low all day. Serve over noodles.

Comment

i keep it real simple. i cut it into sections, put them in the crock pot with 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup and let it cook until tender. the soup makes wonderful gravy.

Comment

Cut into sections and put each piece onto a large piece of tinfoil. Add some dry onion soup mix, potatos and veggies and a little butter. wrap up the tinfoil then put them all onto a cookie sheet in a 350 oven and leave for about 1.5 hours.

You'll start to go crazy with the smell of them after an hour but don't peak.

Comment

I made this for supper tonight. DH loves it.

Beef with Mushrooms

1 1/2 to 2# round steak
                        pepper
                        1 large onion, sliced
                        2 cups beef bouillon (2 cubes)
                        2 teaspoon. worstershire sauce
                        2 tablespoons catsup
                        1 teaspoon dry mustard
                        1 can mushrooms

Cut meat into pieces and brown in oil. Add everything else and cook slowly. Simmer until meat is tender. Serve over rice--I use brown rice.

Comment

I do about the same as Rubelicious except mine is a little more simple. I take a piece of foil & put on serving size piece of steak, potatoes, onion, green pepper, pat of butter, & salt & pepper. Close it up & bake on 350 for about an hour to hour & 15 minutes. Simple, delicious, & easy clean up.
                          Barb

Comment

I do the same as muddbear with tomatoes, green peppers, onions, salt, pepper, and i also use some basil.
                            Mary

Comment

I have made it each and every way as the others have posted....good stuff, Maynard.
                              Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Working...
                              X