Your Place Stromboli recipe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Place Stromboli recipe

There is a chain restaurant in Pennsylvania called Your Place. They make the best stromboli - I think their "secret ingredient" might be mustard. Anyone have this recipe?

Re: Your Place Stromboli recipe

Welcome to CK Jewelsthecat

I couldn't find the recipe you were looking for but here's some to try

STROMBOLI ROLL
    Use any of the Stromboli stuffings following. You could also just use pizza dough for the stromboli rather than making your own crust.

3/4 C warm water
    1 tbsp. sugar
    1 pkg active dry yeast
    3 – 3 1/2 C flour
    1/4 C good quality, flavorful Italian olive oil
    1/2 tsp salt
    Cornmeal, if using a pizza pan

Pour yeast into water and sugar mixture and let work in a cup measure. When the yeast/water has foamed pour into bowl along with 1 cup of flour, olive oil and salt. Mix together then add second cup of flour. If after mixing the batter is pulling away from the edges of the bowl scrape out onto a well-floured work surface and start kneading the dough adding in as much of the next 1-1/2 cups of flour until you have a smooth, elastic dough. Allow dough to rest and double in size in an oiled bowl covered by a towel in a warm place.
    Punch down dough, separate dough into 2 pieces. Roll out dough into a rectangle and then cover with stuffing of choice (leaving edges clean). Roll up in jellyroll fashion and seal edges.
    Place cylinder of dough onto a cornmeal covered baking sheet and bake in 350 oven until golden brown. Serve with sauce of your choice

STROMBOLI STUFFINGS

Broccoli Sausage Stuffing
    1 lb broccoli or Swiss chard
    1/2 lb sweet/hot Italian sausage meat removed from casing
    1/2 lb mozzarella, coarsely shredded
    4 Tbs olive oil
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    salt and pepper to taste

Wash the greens well and discard any woody or pulpy stems. Chop the remainder into small pieces. Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the greens and sauté on high heat for a minute. Add the garlic, salt and pepper and stir for another 2 – 3 minutes. Add some water, cover the pan and cook until the greens are tender. Drain very well, set aside to cool and then toss with sausage and cheese.

Cheese and Greens Stuffing
    Follow the recipe above for the preparing the broccoli or chard. To that, add
    1 C ricotta
    1/2 C caciocavallo or provolone, shredded
    1/2 C smoked mozzarella, coarsely shredded
    fresh ground black pepper to taste

Sausage, Spinach and Cheese Stuffing
    1/2 lb sweet/hot Italian sausage browned in 1 Tbs olive oil
    1/2 lb cooked potatoes, mashed
    1 lb fresh spinach, cooked, squeezed dry and chopped
    1 small sweet onion, finely minced, sautéed in 1 Tbs olive oil until golden
    1 oz canned anchovies, drained and roughly chopped
    1/2 C shredded caciocavallo
    1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
    1 extra large egg, beaten
    lots of fresh ground black pepper

Drain excess fat from browned sausage. Combine and mix all the ingredients in a large bowl.

Comment

Hi Jewelscat: I agree with you that YP stromboli is the best, it has been for over 30 years!

My version is pretty close but unfortunately I can't find the printed copy I had so I am ad-libbing a bit since its been awhile since we made one!

YP Stromboli

1 Pizza Dough (we use Giant Food stores - ask at deli counter)
      Red Peppered Ham or Capicola
      Salami
      Sliced Pepperoni
      American Cheese
      Provolone or Mozzarella Cheese
      Mustard
      Cooked Italian Sausage, crumbed - optional

Spread pizza dough on cookie sheet to thin oblong shape. Beginning about 1 inch from top of dough and about 1 inch from each edge, layer with ham, American cheese, light line of mustard, then salami, provolone and pepperoni to about 2 inches from opposite edge. If using sausage, use only about a tablespoon spread lightly the length of the boli. Don’t overload with meats! Roll loosely lengthwise several times beginning with the 1 inch edge; pinch the edges to seal and place long edge on bottom . Brush top crust lightly with melted butter and sprinkle lightly with oregano. Bake at 425° for about 15-20 minutes or until crust is light golden brown.

Comment

YUM YUM............live 10 min from YP...........it is the best stromboli!!!! Snowing like YKW here today.......going to make pizza......bobali.

Comment

I am so glad that I read this post! Im going to make this dough today...ty all!
          Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

[QUOTE=Jewelsthecat;363632]There is a chain restaurant in Pennsylvania called Your Place. They make the best stromboli - I think their "secret ingredient" might be mustard. Anyone have this recipe?[/QUOTE]

I worked there years ago when they first opened their Mechanicsburg location, and we used the recipe that ZZEASY posted, except, the original YP Stromboli used Boiled Ham (rectangular shape), Capicola Ham, and American Salami, slices of Provolone, American, and shredded Mozzarella. Sprinkle sparingly with cooked ground Italian sausage, then a thin line of yellow mustard. A whole Stromboli (16 to 18 inches long?) used 6 slices of each, with about cup of mozzerella. We also spinkled it with a mixture of salt, pepper, and oregano before rolling it up. I still make these and love them, since I live in Atlanta now, and can't get to a YP anymore.

Comment

I make stromboli all the time and I have for about 20 years. It is super simple. I am also from PA but I have never eaten at Your Place. When I make one with deli meats, I make a mixture of mayo/mustard/oregano and put that in. It gives it a nice creamy flavor. Now that I live in Texas, I tend to make them with leftover fajitas. Just as good!
              A man of words and not of deeds, is like a garden full of weeds.

Comment

Not sure if anyone is still reading this thread but I just discovered it! I worked @ YP in Lititz back in 1981-1983. BEST stromboli EVER!! Still is except now that I am no longer living in PA I can't get it as easily. Their dough is the big secret, using a Giant pizza dough isnt gonna even come close! Wish I knew the secret to the dough! A friend and fellow YP worker and stromboli lover who worked in the kitchen has also tried to replicate it but still not quite it. The other secret is their sauce which in recent trips to
                PA was a bit too watery......if anyone has the EXACT dough recipe and sauce I would be forever grateful!! Looking forward to boli in May!! Yummo!!

Comment

Mevans, I probably ate stromboli at YP when you worked there. I lived near Lititz when I was in college from 1981-1985. Very good, very good!!!
                  A man of words and not of deeds, is like a garden full of weeds.

Comment

[quote=hunebe;405288]mevans, i probably ate stromboli at yp when you worked there. I lived near lititz when i was in college from 1981-1985. Very good, very good!!![/quote]

your place boli's...hmmm...how bout cooked ham, genoa salami, mozz cheese, american cheese, sausage crumbles, stripe of mustard, after wrapping brush on melted butter or substitute and sprinkle with oregano and black pepper...the dough is a yeasty beer batter dough...can't get more specific than that...sorry

Comment

A friend just sent me a link to a Your Place stromboli recipe ... and I had to laugh to see it was a thread I started 2 years ago! Sadly, the last YP on the West Shore is now closing. Thanks to all your lovely posts, I can attempt to recreate the stromboli myself!

Comment

So excited to find this thread! My husband and I lived in Reading in 1981-82 and fell in love wih the YP strombolis. We've never found any that compared to them, and I cannot wait to try the recipes included here!

Comment

Tony Di Maggios Pizza, on Monterey Rd in San Jose, CA makes one of the best stromboli's. They do put mustard in it.

Comment

I am also searching for this same recipe ! I hope that i will get this soon and will share with you.
                            How To Make French Toast

Comment

Working...
                            X