Creamy Strawberry Rhubarb pie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creamy Strawberry Rhubarb pie

Looking for a recipe for a creamy strawberry rhubarb pie. Not the kind where it's a cream pie with rhubarb added to it. I've seen quite a few of those where it looks like a strawberry rhubarb pie with a layer of custard on the bottom. And not the pie that has strawberry gelatin either. Sorry, but I had this pie from the Outpost store (Milwaukee) and it was amazing. The best strawberry rhubarb pie I had ever eaten. I doubt it was because it was organic. The crust was really good and I believe it was some type of whole wheat crust. Made it very nutty tasting. I'm not sure if I just add yogurt or sour cream that would make it creamy? And at what amounts? Even the color of the filling was lighter so this leads me to believe that it was mixed with something 'creamy.' Thanks in advance. I want to make this for my dad for Father's Day. I'll keep searchin.
    www.thenewmommiezblend.blogspot.com

Re: Creamy Strawberry Rhubarb pie

So I didn't find what I was looking for, but ran into a few recipes that called for an addition of cream cheese. When I have more time to experiment I will. Maybe in the next couple of weeks. I decided to make a Banoffee pie instead. Hope he likes it. I always fear for my life when I make this pie. I'm convinced I'm going to be showered in dulce de leche when opening the can.
    www.thenewmommiezblend.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
    X