Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a few tips on a cake box recipe including pumpkin, spice, walnuts... Etc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a few tips on a cake box recipe including pumpkin, spice, walnuts... Etc

I am trying very hard to find the best cake box recipe that includes pumpkin canned, spice, walnuts are the easy part,, she does not drink but 1 time per year and loves ginger ale and scotch for Comic con. I know this can be added without making the cake too sloppy. Also there is the scotch. Sounds weird, but I think I can drizzle it in between the four layers, mild scotch. I have done this with liquors. I am also thinking of the regular cream cheese frosting on the sides but yellow cream cheese frosting on top in the pipping in the shape of scrambled eggs, she would always do our eggs for Saturdays at work for burritos with her rice cooker. Then chopped walnuts in the middle as garnish. Any suggestions just on a super cake box combo with the pumpkin and spice. BTW , I live in Colorado, so there are the adjustments that I know how to do. I just want it to be supper moist. Thank you all! Sounds like this could be a great cake. There are some recipes out ther to combine, just wanted some tips if you like to tweak the box recipes...

Re: Looking for a few tips on a cake box recipe including pumpkin, spice, walnuts...

The alcohol goes in the recipe, not the cook.

Comment

Re: Looking for a few tips on a cake box recipe including pumpkin, spice, walnuts...

hehehehehjehehehehehehe
      I don't want buns of steel. I want buns of cinnamon !!!

Comment

Here's a few I found:

Pumpkin Spice Cake

18 1/4 ozs cake mix (yellow)
        1/2 cup white sugar
        1 tsp baking soda
        2 tsps ground cinnamon
        1/2 tsp ground ginger
        15 ozs pumpkin puree
        1 cup vegetable oil
        4 eggs
        1 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.

In a large bowl, stir together cake mix, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and ginger. Make a well in the center and pour in pumpkin puree, oil, and eggs. Beat on low speed until blended. Scrape bowl, and beat 4 minutes on medium speed. Stir in chopped pecans. Pour batter into prepared pan.

Bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.

Duncan Hines Devil's Food and Pumpkin Puree

1 Duncan Hines Devil's Food Cake Mix
        1-15 oz Libby's 100% Pure Pumpkin Puree

Just add food cake mix and one can of pumpkin puree. Mix and bake per cake recipe directions. Do not add water, oil or eggs.

Pumpkin Spice Cake with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting

15 ozs pumpkin puree (canned)
        1 tsp ground cinnamon
        1 tsp ground cloves
        1 tsp ground nutmeg
        18 1/4 ozs cake mix (yellow, with pudding)
        1/4 cup vegetable oil
        2 eggs
        1 tsp vanilla extract
        1/2 cup softened butter
        12 ozs cream cheese (softened)
        2 cups confectioners' sugar
        1 tsp ground cinnamon
        1 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan. Whisk together the pumpkin, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. Set aside.

In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix and oil. Beat in the eggs, then fold in the pumpkin mixture. Stir in the vanilla.

Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.

To make cream cheese frosting: Cream together the butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Beat in the confectioners' sugar, mixing until smooth. Stir in the cinnamon and vanilla. Spread frosting over cooled cake.

Comment

Working...
        X